Re: My New Tablet

Discussion in 'Tablet PC' started by StephenB, Dec 2, 2008.

  1. StephenB

    StephenB Guest

    Go to Control Panel, Tablet PC Settings, Other tab, click the link for "Go to
    Pen and Input Devices" on that tab. A new dialog opens, go to the Touch tab and
    uncheck the first box: "use your finger..."
    (I love my TX2500 series [the Best Buy model] once HP swapped out the
    motherboard to resolve random blue screen errors I was encountering. Support was
    very responsive and the turn-around was less than a week for the repair.)
    -steve

    --
    Stephen Boots
    MVP Windows Live

    StephenB, Dec 2, 2008

  2. StephenB

    StephenB Guest

    "Diane Whatever" <> wrote:

    >"StephenB" <> wrote in message
    >> Go to Control Panel, Tablet PC Settings, Other tab, click the link for "Go
    >> Pen and Input Devices" on that tab. A new dialog opens, go to the Touch
    >> tab and
    >> uncheck the first box: "use your finger..."
    >> (I love my TX2500 series [the Best Buy model] once HP swapped out the
    >> motherboard to resolve random blue screen errors I was encountering.
    >> Support was
    >> very responsive and the turn-around was less than a week for the repair.)
    >> -steve
    >>

    >> "Diane Whatever" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>I made up and changed my mind a half dozen times and in the end I decided
    >>>on
    >>>the HP TX 2500. It is a beauty, but. -- I find that having touch and the
    >>>pen is somewhat annoying because resting your hand on the tablet defeats
    >>>the
    >>>main (for me) purpose of the pen. Second thing is that no matter how many
    >>>times I turn off auto-insert, it continues to insert whenever it feels
    >>>like
    >>>it. The screen is a little too glossy. . . if I can disable *touch" and
    >>>auto
    >>>insert- -I will be hap-hap-happy!

    >> --
    >> Stephen Boots
    >> MVP Windows Live
    >> Windows Live OneCare Forum Moderator
    >>

    >So far my only complaint is I can't play any of my mahjong games in full
    >Screen using the stylus. I have 2 different Mahjong games _ Not the one that
    >Comes with Vista. -- In full screen the Pointer won't touch the screen where
    >I am aiming.. It isn't Just a little off it's miles from Where it should be.
    >. . Maybe I need to change the resolution when I want to play those games.
    >If yes, is there a way to put a permanent link to change resolution back and
    >forth?

    The only way I can think of (it is early, though!) is to use the link from the
    ATI Catalyst Control Center for "Set Desktop Area to." It isn't an icon, but it
    is a nested menu from a single icon. (I'm using the latest ATI drivers)
    -steve

    StephenB, Dec 3, 2008