Re: Mysterious System Shutdown

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Dustin Harper, Feb 20, 2008.

  1. Make sure your CPU isn't getting too hot. Make sure that the heatsink is
    making good contact, and you are using the right amount of thermal paste and
    all fans are running.

    The power supply looks suffiecent, so that shouldn't be a problem.

    --
    Dustin Harper

    http://www.VistaRIP.com | Vista Resource & Information Page

    Dustin Harper, Feb 20, 2008

  2. Dustin Harper

    Keith L Guest

    Dustin Harper wrote:
    > Make sure your CPU isn't getting too hot. Make sure that the heatsink
    > is making good contact, and you are using the right amount of thermal
    > paste and all fans are running.
    >
    > The power supply looks suffiecent, so that shouldn't be a problem.

    That was the first thing he thought of... Remember what I wrote before
    -- The Motherboard/CPU/Heatsink can be ice cold, but will shut down 3
    seconds from power-up! I think we're looking for a non-obvious
    solution, thanks.

    Keith L, Feb 21, 2008

  3. What about a sticky power button? Try removing everything and putting it on
    a test bench, just the MB, CPU, heatsink, RAM, video and power supply. Could
    be a short somewhere. Also, try removing all but one stick of RAM.

    Sometimes the obvious isn't so obvious to some people. Thanks. :)

    Dustin Harper, Feb 21, 2008