Re: Need an AGP card?

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Augustus, Jun 27, 2009.

  1. Augustus

    Augustus Guest

    "Steve" <> wrote in message
    > GIGABYTE GV-R465D2-1GI Radeon HD 4650 1GB 128-bit GDDR2 AGP 8X HDCP
    >
    > http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125281

    Don't be fooled by the name and large memory numbers. It's a 128bit card
    with a large amount of very slow 800Mhz DDR2. There are 512Mb HD3850 AGP
    cards (Saphhire, for one) available with a 256bit interface, 1650Mhz DDR3.
    The performance of this HD 4650It's is not even close. You get what you pay
    for, and you need to read specs of the card, not just the name and amount of
    memory.

    1. Advertising

  2. Augustus

    Augustus Guest

    > The performance of this HD 4650It's is not even close. You get what you
    > pay for, and you need to read specs of the card, not just the name and
    > amount of memory.

    Ahem...I really need to proof better before hitting send. It should read:

    "The performance of this HD 4650 is far below a 256bit HD 3850 DDR3 card.
    It's not even close."