    MB CRITICAL off red

    Wrote a rc3.d script for this, but is there better way ?

    /Jorgen
    Jorgen Moquist, Jan 30, 2009

  2. In comp.sys.sun.hardware Jorgen Moquist <> wrote:
    > Hi have a Netra 240, running latest solaris 9.
    > Critical led is always litten, but system has no failures.
    >
    > # /usr/platform/`uname -i`/sbin/prtdiag -v | grep -i crit
    > MB CRITICAL on red
    >
    > I can switch it off from alom sc> setalarm critical off
    > If i reboot it led comes on again.
    >
    > Found out that VTS has /opt/SUNWvts/bin/nalmtest -l
    > and if i execute it the led goes off.
    >
    > # /usr/platform/`uname -i`/sbin/prtdiag -v | grep -i crit
    > MB CRITICAL off red
    >
    > Wrote a rc3.d script for this, but is there better way ?

    replace the system board or whatever is causing the fault in the first
    place.
    Cydrome Leader, Jan 31, 2009

  3. Jorgen Moquist

    Andrew Lutov Guest

    Hello, Jorgen!

    JM> # /usr/platform/`uname -i`/sbin/prtdiag -v | grep -i crit
    JM> MB CRITICAL on red

    JM> I can switch it off from alom sc> setalarm critical off
    JM> If i reboot it led comes on again.

    JM> Found out that VTS has /opt/SUNWvts/bin/nalmtest -l
    JM> and if i execute it the led goes off.

    JM> # /usr/platform/`uname -i`/sbin/prtdiag -v | grep -i crit
    JM> MB CRITICAL off red

    JM> Wrote a rc3.d script for this, but is there better way ?

    Update OBP ?

    ---
    Andrew Lutov, Feb 4, 2009
  4. Andrew Lutov wrote:
    > Hello, Jorgen!
    >
    > JM> # /usr/platform/`uname -i`/sbin/prtdiag -v | grep -i crit
    > JM> MB CRITICAL on red
    >
    > JM> I can switch it off from alom sc> setalarm critical off
    > JM> If i reboot it led comes on again.
    >
    > JM> Found out that VTS has /opt/SUNWvts/bin/nalmtest -l
    > JM> and if i execute it the led goes off.
    >
    > JM> # /usr/platform/`uname -i`/sbin/prtdiag -v | grep -i crit
    > JM> MB CRITICAL off red
    >
    > JM> Wrote a rc3.d script for this, but is there better way ?
    >

    > Update OBP ?
    >
    > ---

    Many thanks Andrew & Cydrome.
    prtconf -V , OBP 4.22.33 2007/06/18 12:45
    Solaris 10 does not lit critical, seems like 5.9 is the cause.
    /Jorgen
    Jorgen Moquist, Feb 4, 2009
  5. Jorgen Moquist <> writes:

    > Andrew Lutov wrote:
    >> Hello, Jorgen!
    >> JM> # /usr/platform/`uname -i`/sbin/prtdiag -v | grep -i crit
    >> JM> MB CRITICAL on red
    >> JM> I can switch it off from alom sc> setalarm critical off
    >> JM> If i reboot it led comes on again.
    >> JM> Found out that VTS has /opt/SUNWvts/bin/nalmtest -l
    >> JM> and if i execute it the led goes off.
    >> JM> # /usr/platform/`uname -i`/sbin/prtdiag -v | grep -i crit
    >> JM> MB CRITICAL off red
    >> JM> Wrote a rc3.d script for this, but is there better way ?
    >> Update OBP ?
    >> ---
    >>

    > Many thanks Andrew & Cydrome.
    > prtconf -V , OBP 4.22.33 2007/06/18 12:45
    > Solaris 10 does not lit critical, seems like 5.9 is the cause.
    > /Jorgen

    Isn't this handled by picld? Perhaps you had disabled it on 5.9?
    Thomas Tornblom, Feb 5, 2009
  6. Thomas Tornblom wrote:
    > Jorgen Moquist <> writes:
    >
    >> Andrew Lutov wrote:
    >>> Hello, Jorgen!
    >>> Update OBP ?
    >>> ---
    >>>

    >> Many thanks Andrew & Cydrome.
    >> prtconf -V , OBP 4.22.33 2007/06/18 12:45
    >> Solaris 10 does not lit critical, seems like 5.9 is the cause.
    >> /Jorgen

    > Isn't this handled by picld? Perhaps you had disabled it on 5.9?

    Thanks, dont know how to disable it, installation is a preconfigured
    jumpstart.
    Found a utility from doc. 819-2749-10.pdf
    "alarm.c" compiled it and im happy.
    just changed a line #include "lom_io.h" to
    #include "/usr/platform/sun4u/include/sys/lom_io.h"
    and cc alarm.c

    # ./alarm

    usage: alarm [get|set] [crit|major|minor|user] [on|off]
    ALARM.crit = on
    ALARM.major = off
    ALARM.minor = off
    ALARM.user = off

    # ./alarm set crit off
    Setting ALARM.crit successfully set to off

    /Jorgen
    Jorgen Moquist, Feb 5, 2009
  7. Jorgen Moquist wrote:
    > Thomas Tornblom wrote:
    >> Jorgen Moquist <> writes:

    >>> Many thanks Andrew & Cydrome.
    >>> prtconf -V , OBP 4.22.33 2007/06/18 12:45
    >>> Solaris 10 does not lit critical, seems like 5.9 is the cause.
    >>> /Jorgen

    >> Isn't this handled by picld? Perhaps you had disabled it on 5.9?

    > Thanks, dont know how to disable it, installation is a preconfigured
    > jumpstart.
    > Found a utility from doc. 819-2749-10.pdf
    > "alarm.c" compiled it and im happy.
    > just changed a line #include "lom_io.h" to
    > #include "/usr/platform/sun4u/include/sys/lom_io.h"
    > and cc alarm.c
    >
    > # ./alarm
    >
    > usage: alarm [get|set] [crit|major|minor|user] [on|off]
    > ALARM.crit = on
    > ALARM.major = off
    > ALARM.minor = off
    > ALARM.user = off
    >
    > # ./alarm set crit off
    > Setting ALARM.crit successfully set to off
    >
    > /Jorgen

    Installing the latest patch-cluster fixed it all.
    /Jorgen
    Jorgen Moquist, Feb 6, 2009