Re: New to Intel mobos

Discussion in 'Intel' started by Bob Bailin, May 4, 2007.

  1. Bob Bailin

    Bob Bailin Guest

    "Gaius Baltar" <> wrote in message
    > Acquired DG965OTMKR Viiv mobo recently.
    >
    > Works OK, but I've very puzzled by 2 things:
    >
    > 1. There is no POST display (unlike Asus, Gigabyte, MSI mainboards
    > which I have in other PCs which all have full POST displays)
    >
    > 2. My Acronis Bootable Recovery CD in Full Mode can find neither SATA
    > nor IDE hard-disks - one of each is installed (Acronis works well with
    > several other PCs I have, so why the problem with this one?)
    >
    > Comments?
    >
    > gb

    1. You're right, there's no POST display on any of the Intel DG965 series.
    But using the Intel Integrator toolkit, you can replace the Intel logo with
    an image of your own choosing.

    2. What is your IDE configuration set to? You can configure SATA as
    Native or Legacy. If set to Native, you have further choices of IDE, AHCI
    and RAID. Your Acronis CD will probably only recognize SATA disks in
    Legacy mode. Your IDE disk has to be jumpered for Master or single-disk
    mode or it may not be recognized. Try each disk by itself before you try
    them both together. If the disks appear on the BIOS boot menu, then
    the system is recognizing them even if your Acronis program isn't.

    Don't forget to upgrade your BIOS with the latest version from
    http://support.intel.com. Burning an ISO image to a CD is the easiest
    option if you have another PC and don't have Windows installed.

    Bob

    Bob Bailin, May 4, 2007

  2. Bob Bailin

    Guest

    "Bob Bailin" <> wrote:

    >"Gaius Baltar" <> wrote in message
    >> Acquired DG965OTMKR Viiv mobo recently.
    >>
    >> Works OK, but I've very puzzled by 2 things:
    >>
    >> 1. There is no POST display (unlike Asus, Gigabyte, MSI mainboards
    >> which I have in other PCs which all have full POST displays)

    >1. You're right, there's no POST display on any of the Intel DG965 series.
    >But using the Intel Integrator toolkit, you can replace the Intel logo with
    >an image of your own choosing.

    The tool kit is a bit overkill, the OP can just download Splash.exe
    http://support.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/cs-009045.htm

    --
    Pastor dave helps jack off the horse.
    http://images.dailykos.com/images/user/3/BrainerdClip.jpg