Re: New video card

Discussion in 'Abit' started by Folk, Apr 30, 2008.

  1. Folk

    Folk Guest

    On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 11:18:18 +0200, "sergiorom"
    <sergiotro@****REMOVE***@inwind.it> wrote:

    >Have an Abit KG7 Raid with a Matrox Millennium VGA video card on a PCI slot,
    >after changing the monitor (from a 15 to a wide 20 inch), I'll change also
    >the video card.
    >I am waiting for an AGP Ati Sapphire Radeon 9225 256MB ram, that have also
    >DVI, as the monitor.
    >I'm asking if I have to install some drivers for the motherboard, before
    >installing the video card, the operating system is Windows XP SP2.

    Your procedure should be:

    - Download the latest drivers for your ATI card.

    - Uninstall the Matrox drivers.

    - Power down.

    - Swap cards.

    - On power up, when XP asks to install drivers, click CANCEL.

    - Install ATI drivers.

    If the ATI card doesn't recognize your new monitor by it's brand name,
    locate the .inf file for your monitor and install.

    1. Advertising

  2. mortgage

    mortgage

    Joined:
    Jun 18, 2008
    Messages:
    3
    Thanks for giving for such a great information.