Re: New video card

Discussion in 'Abit' started by Eeyore, Apr 30, 2008.

  1. Eeyore

    Eeyore Guest

    sergiorom wrote:

    > Have an Abit KG7 Raid with a Matrox Millennium VGA video card on a PCI slot,
    > after changing the monitor (from a 15 to a wide 20 inch), I'll change also
    > the video card.
    > I am waiting for an AGP Ati Sapphire Radeon 9225 256MB ram, that have also
    > DVI, as the monitor.
    > I'm asking if I have to install some drivers for the motherboard

    Not for the motherboard itself but the operating system may need drivers to be
    able to use all the features of your new Radeon.

    > before installing the video card, the operating system is Windows XP SP2.

    XP SP2 already had drivers for my Nvidia AGP card. It's possible that it may
    also 'recognise' the Radeon. Try it first and see if XP auto-configures itself.
    If not it'll operate in VGA (640x480) or SVGA (800x600) mode most likely until
    you get the drivers.

    Graham
    Eeyore, Apr 30, 2008