Re: New video card

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Augustus, Jun 21, 2009.

  1. Augustus

    Augustus Guest

    "First of One" <root@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
    > "Cristiano" <> wrote in message
    >>I have a Radeon X1950 Pro on a motherboard ASUS P5W DH Deluxe (PCI-E).
    >>
    >> I thought to buy the HD 4850 (about 170$) or the HD 4870 Vapor-X 1GB
    >> (about 250$).

    > In North America, the HD 4890 1GB is about the same price as the HD 4870
    > Vapor-X card. If the same holds true in Italy, get the HD 4890. It is
    > about 10% faster than the HD 4870.

    I second the vote for the HD 4890 1Gig.......assuming it's available there
    and at a competitive price. When I upgraded from an 8800GT to a GTX 260
    card, the size (length) difference was vast. Surgery required on my full
    sized case. I don't thing the HD 48XX series is as long as the nVidia
    beasts. Check your case against the HD 4890 dimensions.....I'll give you
    imperial and metric below.

    Imperial
    9.5 x 4.376 x 3.8
    Metric