Re: NV5302u upgrade limitations?

Discussion in 'Gateway' started by Ben Myers, Feb 4, 2010.

  1. Ben Myers

    Ben Myers Guest

    Kaoss wrote:
    > Hi all I just bought a Gateway NV5302 and I would like to know the
    > upgrade limitations to this laptop as far as ram, CPU, video card go.
    >
    > I have tried to find more than just the regular retail spec and haven't
    > had much luck. I appreciate any help. Thank you.
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/yg32gmd

    Upgrade options:
    CPU - None that makes any sense. CPU upgrades provide little bang for
    the buck, and are rarely worth it for laptops with not-so-easy
    disassembly. Looks like the fastest AMD processor sold with the NV
    series is 2.2GHz, according to their web site. You won't notice the
    change from 2 to 2.2GHz, a 10% improvement on a good day with a high
    tailwind. Memory access speeds, disk access speeds, and internet access
    speeds do not change with a processor upgrade.
    RAM - probably 4Gb is the max. The system uses DDR2, and I am unaware
    of any 4GB DDR2 notebook memory.
    Video card - Does it have a separate video card, or is the video
    subsystem integrated onto the motherboard?

    This appears to be a special model done by Gateway for Best Buy. It is
    not shown on the Gateway web site... Ben Myers