Re: Nvidia in a heap of trouble. Not good for competition!

Discussion in 'ATI' started by KCB, Oct 10, 2009.

  1. KCB

    KCB Guest

    "William" <> wrote in message

    > "First of One" <root@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
    >> Keep in mind Charlie is an Inquirer reject turned full-time AMD fanboi.
    >> Seriously, who is going to buy a GTX285 now when a much better-performing
    >> HD 5870 exists? The GT300 card is coming in 2-3 months, according to the
    >> latest rumors, so now would be appropriate to issue EOL notices to clear
    >> out existing inventory.
    >>
    >> For what it's worth, AMD incurred heavy losses for the last six quarters.
    >> http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=74093&p=quarterlyearnings
    >> That GlobalFoundaries deal was a last-ditch attempt to stay afloat while
    >> giving the appearance of strategic planning. AMD never did well
    >> financially even during the Athlon64 years when Intel tripped up. After a
    >> while you become desensitized to these things.
    >>

    > I'm aware about the bad news coming from both camps. I became aware of
    > this news from John Dvorak's web site.
    > http://www.dvorak.org/blog/2009/10/09/nvidia-on-the-way-to-the-video-card-scrapyard/ .
    > John is usually pretty careful who he references and I consider his
    > comments worth paying attention to. I've been following him for over 30
    > years now. (His web site is too far Left leaning for me.)
    >
    > I am surprised no one else bothered to post this information to this news
    > group. I think its pretty important and one more nail in Nvidia's coffin
    > if they don't get their act together. And yes, ATI has problems being a
    > child of AMD. Maybe AMD will sell off ATI to raise money for their use.
    > Wouldn't that be poetic justice.
    >
    > It seems some people are more upset that I brought up the subject rather
    > than discuss the implications of the story. I suppose it depends on what
    > card is sitting in ones computer at the time. Shoot the messenger and all
    > that. It seems to happen every time someone posts information positive or
    > negative about Nvidia -vs- ATI.
    >
    > William

    I think the reaction to your post is more to do with your source than the
    actual story. Many people don't consider that site for news, but rather
    opinion and rumors. I think most everybody had already heard or read about
    Nvidia's problems with intel, so the issue with them not making chipsets
    wasn't really a surprise.