Re: OT- AVG Anti Virus

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Bob Villa, Nov 17, 2010.

  1. Bob Villa

    Bob Villa Guest

    On Nov 16, 9:17 pm, "Von Fourche" <>
    wrote:
    >     I usually use Trend Micro on my main Dell computer but I was thinking of
    > trying something else when my subscription
    > runs out in January.  I know AVG free has been highly recommended on this
    > group for a long time. So what about the
    > paid version of AVG? Is that anygood?  It does say it covers three
    > computers.  So, I can use it on my main PC, may
    > laptop, and then also on my sisters computer in another home, correct?
    >
    >   Anything better than Trend Micro and AVG?  For the most part I'm happy
    > with Trend Micro.  I just saw AVG 2011 in
    > Wal-Mart and did not see anything from Trend Micro.

    These suggestions/preferences are as varied as personalities.

    I use XPs built-in firewall, a sandboxed browser (Firefox), Avast
    Free! (I have a slow connection or I would be using MSE).

    Bob Villa, Nov 17, 2010