Re: ot-cd burning software recommends?

Discussion in 'Compaq' started by DEJ57, Jun 27, 2003.

  1. DEJ57

    DEJ57 Guest

    >Nothing better than nero.
    >Make sure you get the latest updates.

    Tried to do that--download and upgrade to the most current version--but I get
    some type of copying file error and I it won't complete the install. Attempted
    to delete the older version and it still won't load. Downloaded from a
    different site and it won't load. Now can't install my old version because I
    can't find the darn sleeve for the CD with the country mile long key
    number...just not my day.

    Thanks for all the advice--anyone have a clue why I might be getting a
    SCSI/ATAPI command timeout error? I have gotten several burns out of about 30
    tries--what usually happens is the burn fails about half to two-thirds
    through--showing like 35% on the read buffer, 63% of the burn complete, and 98%
    on the read buffer. Been selecting low rates (4, 8 speed--burner claims 32x)
    but doesn't seem to help. Should the program and data all be on the same
    drive?
    WIN95 is on the "C" drive, the data being copied and burned is on a different
    drive (a SCSI), and the nero program itself is yet on another drive--would that
    challenge the software in moving the data around, resulting in the high read
    buffer and the timeout error on the CD? PC is a 800mhz with lots of RAM (slips
    my mind just how much--I'll check when I boot next...)

    Dale

    1. Advertising

  2. SFR

    SFR Guest

    "DEJ57" <> a écrit dans le message news:
    (...)
    > Thanks for all the advice--anyone have a clue why I might be getting a
    > SCSI/ATAPI command timeout error? I have gotten several burns out of

    about 30
    > tries--what usually happens is the burn fails about half to two-thirds
    > through--showing like 35% on the read buffer, 63% of the burn complete,

    and 98%
    > on the read buffer. Been selecting low rates (4, 8 speed--burner claims

    32x)
    > but doesn't seem to help. Should the program and data all be on the same
    > drive?

    Well, I have no clue of which OS you're using or if CDR drive (IDE -my guess
    or SCSI), nor what kind of CD you're trying to burn (data only, overburnt,
    etc..), but I would try 2 or 3 things first, which I'm sure though you've
    already checked :

    -> Apps on background (anti-virus, maybe ?) : I would deactivate any running
    app...
    -> Disk fragmentation
    -> Downgrade or Update Nero's version, or, as you wanted to do, switch to
    another app
    -> If CDR drive is IDE, chek for the DMA to be enabled if possible

    My 2 cents :)

    Regards,

    Serge

    ---