Re: Overclocking E6600.

Discussion in 'Overclocking' started by Fishface, Apr 13, 2008.

  1. Fishface

    Fishface Guest

    John Whitworth wrote:
    > I should also point out that I cannot remember whether I saw this issue
    > with the Dhrystone benchmark on the old mobo (MSI 975X Pl P Up Ed).
    > And I don't intend to put that back together again! ;-)

    On the Dhrystone test, my Q6600 @ 3.0 GHz was soundly trounced by the
    QX6800 @ 2.93 GHz. The previous version XIb showed a proportional
    increase. I think it's a Sandra thing and I wouldn't worry about it. I don't care
    for the changing blinking bars in this version, either!
    Fishface, Apr 13, 2008

  2. Fishface

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarweb "Fishface" typed:
    > John Whitworth wrote:
    >> I should also point out that I cannot remember whether I saw this
    >> issue with the Dhrystone benchmark on the old mobo (MSI 975X Pl P Up
    >> Ed). And I don't intend to put that back together again! ;-)

    > On the Dhrystone test, my Q6600 @ 3.0 GHz was soundly trounced by the
    > QX6800 @ 2.93 GHz. The previous version XIb showed a proportional
    > increase. I think it's a Sandra thing and I wouldn't worry about it.
    > I don't care for the changing blinking bars in this version, either!

    Hmmm, I don't have Sandra installed ATM as I disliked all the false info it
    was giving. Also, it appears that it's dhry/whet tests are significantly
    different to others. I got the data for my CPU from BOINC and, for an E4500
    running at 3.3GHz the numbers I got were:

    Whetstone: 3180
    Dhrystone: 7128

    Obviously, with numbers like those quoted in this thread it's obvious that
    different programmes use different tests.

    Is there a simple test for dhry/whet? I can't be arsed installing Sandra
    again but this thread has got me curious.

    Cheers,
    --
    Shaun.
    ~misfit~, Apr 14, 2008

  3. Fishface

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarweb "John Whitworth" typed:
    > "~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    >> Somewhere on teh intarweb "Fishface" typed:
    >>
    >> Is there a simple test for dhry/whet? I can't be arsed installing
    >> Sandra again but this thread has got me curious.

    > There's a whole host of more specific looking, free, benchmarks here:
    > http://freespace.virgin.net/roy.longbottom/index.htm

    Thanks John, I'll have a look-see. :)
    --
    Shaun.