Re: P4C800DLX bios 1011beta1

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Vincent Poy, Jul 31, 2003.

  1. Vincent Poy

    Vincent Poy Guest

    "Sid LABDI" <> wrote in message news:<bg66hq$r6k$>...
    > I have just flashed my P4C800 DLX with bios 1011 beta 1 available on the
    > german ftp site (ftp.asuscom.de) using the windows 5.12 flash utility. Every
    > thing work fine but I am not able to start the asus update utility anymore.
    > It says it need an Asus MB!! Did anyone observe the same behavior.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Sid

    I have the same problem as well except I'm using the P4C800-E Deluxe.
    ASUS seems to have pulled the 1011 beta 1 bios off their German ftp
    servers. The only problem is I thought my ASUS Update is corrupted so
    I uninstalled it and I couldn't get the setup.exe to install under
    1011 or 1010 final after I downgraded the BIOS. What happens is I run
    the setup.exe installer and then the ASUS BIOSINFO.DLL will randomly
    give some message, either it's garbled text or it'll say NT Registry
    error and then when it gets to the blue screen of the installer, it
    says I don't have a ASUS MB. Is a clear CMOS necessary since I always
    done it with ABIT motherboards as I thought newer and older BIOSes
    have settings that might not exist in the CMOS that might confuse
    things? Thanks.

    Cheers,
    Vince
    Vincent Poy, Jul 31, 2003

  2. Vincent Poy

    Dirk Puslich Guest

    My Asus update utility doesn't work either. This means the MyLogo2
    feature is useless. I bought several of these motherboards to put in
    systems for customers and wanted to use my company logo. Had to ship
    them without it. Very bad form.

    Dirk Puslich, Aug 1, 2003

  3. Vincent Poy

    Vincent Poy Guest

    Armin Pfeffer <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > (Vincent Poy) schrieb:
    >

    > >I have the same problem as well except I'm using the P4C800-E Deluxe.
    > >ASUS seems to have pulled the 1011 beta 1 bios off their German ftp
    > >servers. The only problem is I thought my ASUS Update is corrupted so
    > >I uninstalled it and I couldn't get the setup.exe to install under
    > >1011 or 1010 final after I downgraded the BIOS. What happens is I run

    > Just today I saw ASUSUPDATER 5.1401 on the german FTP server.
    > ftp.asuscom.de/pub/ASUSCOM/BIOS/BIOS_FLASH_UTILS
    > I will give it a try. In the meantime I stepped back to 1009 final
    > using the DOS utility, because the 1010 beta1 and 2 did not fix my
    > problems with resume from S3 by PS2 keyboard..

    That one has the same problem as well. ASUS BIOSINFO.DLL would crash.
    I wonder where is that file exactly since I don't see it on the
    system anywhere at all. I was using 5.1201 before which was fine when
    I installed the system with 1010.004 final.

    Cheers,
    Vince
    Vincent Poy, Aug 2, 2003