Re: P5Q DL - 1 second pulsing disc LED - any solution?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Barry Watzman, Mar 31, 2010.

  1. The light indicates activity on ANY IDE/SATA device, not just the hard
    drive (e.g. on the optical drives as well). If I was going to guess,
    the "culprit" (which is harmless) is "Auto Insert Notification", the
    mechanism by which the OS queries the optical drives to determine if you
    have inserted a disc (so that Auto-run can "do it's thing", if you have).

    Barry Watzman, Mar 31, 2010