Re: PCI problem on a VA503+

Discussion in 'FIC' started by Kyle Brant, Jul 7, 2003.

  1. Kyle Brant

    Kyle Brant Guest

    If you are not using the comm ports, try disabling them in CMOS and
    see if your problems are affected. Can you view your system's IRQ
    usage in winxp? Also, are you using USB? There remains a problem
    with the Award BIOS IRQ routing table implementation and the mvp3
    chipset, the IRQ routing info is not properly passed to the OS, and
    prevents IRQ routing from working correctly if USB is enabled, so you
    can run out of interrupts or encounter IRQ usage problems. Try
    disabling USB if you are not using it. To check IRQ usage, open the
    computer management console and I think you can find IRQ usage under
    the "hardware" section.

    --
    Best regards,
    Kyle
    "Zanadou" <> wrote in message
    | Hi there,
    |
    | I've got a VA503+ , flashed with the modified APM bios (I can't
    | remember the version - you all know what one it is), with a K6-2 500
    | (5x100), 256meg PC-100 and WinXP Pro SP1 installed with the F6(?)
    | 'Standard PC' option. I have the lastest VIA 4in1's installed.
    |
    | I'm having a problem with populating all my PCI slots. The 2 slots
    | closest to the AGP slot are fine, but as soon as I put something -
    any
    | card - in to the one furthest from the AGP slot, Windows XP either
    | will stop at a black screen, after the logo screen, or will just
    reset
    | after the logo screen while booting.
    |
    | I've trued working all the options in the PCI setup in the bios; PnP
    | OS on and off, Reset devices, all legacy, all PnP etc. It all seems
    | be the same.
    |
    | It would kind of be nice to have all the slots, I have Sound Card,
    NIC

    Kyle Brant, Jul 7, 2003

  2. Kyle Brant

    Zanadou Guest

    On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 13:31:55 -0500, "Kyle Brant" <>
    wrote:

    >If you are not using the comm ports, try disabling them in CMOS and
    >see if your problems are affected. Can you view your system's IRQ
    >usage in winxp? Also, are you using USB? There remains a problem
    >with the Award BIOS IRQ routing table implementation and the mvp3
    >chipset, the IRQ routing info is not properly passed to the OS, and
    >prevents IRQ routing from working correctly if USB is enabled, so you
    >can run out of interrupts or encounter IRQ usage problems. Try
    >disabling USB if you are not using it. To check IRQ usage, open the
    >computer management console and I think you can find IRQ usage under
    >the "hardware" section.

    Thanks, I've disabled USB but I'm stll having the same problem...

    Thanks for your advice anyway.
    Zanadou, Jul 12, 2003