Re: quadrature encoder

Discussion in 'Embedded' started by Stef, Apr 26, 2010.

  1. Stef

    Stef Guest

    In comp.arch.embedded,
    Tim Wescott <> wrote:
    > princekcs wrote:
    >> why is it necessary to clock on rising and falling edge when reading a
    >> quadrature encoder?

    > Homework?
    >
    > It isn't always necessary, but paying attention to all the edges gives
    > you a more robust system.

    But paying attention to all edges doesn't necessarely mean you have to
    *clock* on the edges. ;-)

    --
    Stef (remove caps, dashes and .invalid from e-mail address to reply by mail)

    Depart in pieces, i.e., split.