Re: Re: Why can't i run my xp 2800 at the correct speed???? Help

Discussion in 'AMD Thunderbird' started by edrafp, Jun 15, 2005.

  1. edrafp

    edrafp Guest

    "uddarts" wrote:
    > download this program and run it.
    >
    > it will show multipliers, fsb, mem timings and cache. click on
    > the cache tab and tell us what it says. if it says 256 then
    > you have the xp2800 tbred version with the 13.5 multi. if it
    > says 512 you have the xp2800 barton version with the 12.5
    > multi.
    >
    > http://www.cpuid.org/cpuz.php
    >

    > download this program and run it's 1m test. it should take
    > your processor about 1 minute to calculate. i think we can
    > have you running a better time later on, if you are willing to
    > work with us.
    >
    > http://files.extremeoverclocking.com/file.php?f=36
    >

    > ud

    It is definatley NOT a Barton, its L2 cache is 256. The 1M test took
    exactly 1min 05 Sec. The answer may be cooling but even running at
    full Xp2800 (2250 mhz) speed with the side of the case off with a desk
    fan blowing into the case it still cuts out after only seconds.

    1. Advertising

  2. uddarts

    uddarts Guest

    "edrafp" wrote:
    > It is definatley NOT a Barton, its L2 cache is 256. The 1M
    > test took exactly 1min 05 Sec. The answer may be cooling but
    > even running at full Xp2800 (2250 mhz) speed with the side of
    > the case off with a desk fan blowing into the case it still
    > cuts out after only seconds.

    i don’t have much hope that upgrading the bios would help. that is a
    rare cpu so i don’t think it would be included in a newer bios.

    let’s try this. run that superpi speed test with your present
    settings. that way we have something to compare to. then set your
    multiplier to 11, clear bios, fire the rig up and enter bios. set your
    cpu and mem to run 1:1 at 200fsb. it should boot without a problem as
    long as you leave the vcore at the 5% boost you have now. run super pi
    again. you should be in the low 50sec range.

    if everything goes well then shut ’er down again and change the jumper
    to 11.5, clear cmos and set up as before. keep your finger crossed and
    run pi again if you make it to windows.

    good luck!

    ud

    1. Advertising

  3. edrafp

    edrafp Guest

    "uddarts" wrote:
    > i don't have much hope that upgrading the bios would help.
    > that is a rare cpu so i don't think it would be included in a
    > newer bios.
    >
    > let's try this. run that superpi speed test with your present
    > settings. that way we have something to compare to. then set
    > your multiplier to 11, clear bios, fire the rig up and enter
    > bios. set your cpu and mem to run 1:1 at 200fsb. it should
    > boot without a problem as long as you leave the vcore at the
    > 5% boost you have now. run super pi again. you should be in
    > the low 50sec range.
    >
    > if everything goes well then shut 'er down again and change
    > the jumper to 11.5, clear cmos and set up as before. keep your
    > finger crossed and run pi again if you make it to windows.
    >
    > good luck!
    >
    > ud

    Nope, won’t let me run the CPU at 200mhz, even tried dropping it to 10
    x 200. Just blue screens and re-starts.

  4. uddarts

    uddarts Guest

    "edrafp" wrote:
    > Nope, won't let me run the CPU at 200mhz, even tried dropping
    > it to 10 x 200. Just blue screens and re-starts.

    if your trying to depress me, quit!

    download the memory 86 and run it.

    it runs in dos and checks memory errors.

    ud

  5. edrafp

    edrafp Guest

    "uddarts" wrote:
    > if your trying to depress me, quit!
    >
    > download the memory 86 and run it.
    >
    > it runs in dos and checks memory errors.
    >
    > ud

    SORRY BUT MEM TEST SAYS EVERYTHING IS FINE.

    I THINK MY CPU IS BAD. I HAVE TRIED ONCE MORE TO RUN IT AT 13.5 X 166
    AND IT BOOTS UP WINDOWS THEN AS SOON AS IT IS ASKED TO DO ANYTHING AT
    ALL IT RESTARTS.

    THINK I’LL JUST KEEP RUNNING IT AS A XP 2700.

    UNLESS EINSTEIN COMES ALONG WITH A SOLUTION DON’T THINK IT WILL GET
    FIXED. THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP GUYS.

  6. uddarts

    uddarts Guest

    "edrafp" wrote:
    > SORRY BUT MEM TEST SAYS EVERYTHING IS FINE.
    >
    > I THINK MY CPU IS BAD. I HAVE TRIED ONCE MORE TO RUN IT AT
    > 13.5 X 166 AND IT BOOTS UP WINDOWS THEN AS SOON AS IT IS ASKED
    > TO DO ANYTHING AT ALL IT RESTARTS.
    >
    > THINK I'LL JUST KEEP RUNNING IT AS A XP 2700.
    >
    > UNLESS EINSTEIN COMES ALONG WITH A SOLUTION DON'T THINK IT
    > WILL GET FIXED. THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP GUYS.

    here’s a search i did at ocworkbench that has some asrock traffic.
    they may have the clue to your problem.

    http://www.ocworkbench.com/ocwb/ultimatebb.php?/topic/30/4469.html#000000

    ud

  7. ohaya

    ohaya Guest

    uddarts wrote:

    > "edrafp" wrote:
    > > SORRY BUT MEM TEST SAYS EVERYTHING IS FINE.
    > >
    > > I THINK MY CPU IS BAD. I HAVE TRIED ONCE MORE TO RUN IT AT
    > > 13.5 X 166 AND IT BOOTS UP WINDOWS THEN AS SOON AS IT IS ASKED
    > > TO DO ANYTHING AT ALL IT RESTARTS.
    > >
    > > THINK I'LL JUST KEEP RUNNING IT AS A XP 2700.
    > >
    > > UNLESS EINSTEIN COMES ALONG WITH A SOLUTION DON'T THINK IT
    > > WILL GET FIXED. THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP GUYS.

    > here’s a search i did at ocworkbench that has some asrock traffic.
    > they may have the clue to your problem.
    >
    > http://www.ocworkbench.com/ocwb/ultimatebb.php?/topic/30/4469.html#000000
    >
    > ud

    Hi,

    You might also try the Asrock K7 forum at http://rhcf.com:

    http://www.rhcf.com/sisubb/ultimatebb.php/forum/36.html

    They seem to be quite knowledgeable on the Asrock mobos...

    Jim