Re: Replacenet of hard drives for HP Pavilion HDX9430EA Laptop

Discussion in 'HP' started by Ben Myers, Feb 14, 2010.

  1. Ben Myers

    Ben Myers Guest

    On 2/14/2010 12:34 PM, H Ebony wrote:

    > "H Ebony" <> wrote in message
    >> I would like to upgrade my present 2x160 GB in HP Pavilion HDX9430EA
    >> Laptop
    >> for something in range of 2x250GB or 2x320 GB.
    >> I wonder whether there is anyone who did an upgrade of HD
    >> on laptops. Are there any points which I should observe?
    >> TIA for sharing any experience on this matter.
    >>

    > So, it looks that I'm going to be the first one trying to do it...
    > HP recommends Toshiba internal hard drives.
    > I found the HDD on this site - just in case if someone
    > will search for it :
    > http://storage.toshiba.eu/cms/en/hdd/product_overview/product_detail.jsp?productid=300

    FYI, Toshiba is the ONLY major hard drive manufacturer that does not
    make available free hard drive diagnostic software. In my experience,
    Toshiba drives have a higher failure rate than other brands (WD,
    Seagate, Hitachi). I don't give a damn what HP recommends. I cannot
    recommend Toshiba hard drives. 2.5" laptop drives are commodity items
    among the various manufacturers. Better to pick another brand... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Feb 14, 2010

  2. Ben Myers

    McGrath Guest

    "Ben Myers" <> wrote in message
    > On 2/14/2010 12:34 PM, H Ebony wrote:
    >>
    >> "H Ebony" <> wrote in message
    >>> I would like to upgrade my present 2x160 GB in HP Pavilion HDX9430EA
    >>> Laptop
    >>> for something in range of 2x250GB or 2x320 GB.
    >>> I wonder whether there is anyone who did an upgrade of HD
    >>> on laptops. Are there any points which I should observe?
    >>> TIA for sharing any experience on this matter.
    >>>

    >> So, it looks that I'm going to be the first one trying to do it...
    >> HP recommends Toshiba internal hard drives.
    >> I found the HDD on this site - just in case if someone
    >> will search for it :
    >> http://storage.toshiba.eu/cms/en/hdd/product_overview/product_detail.jsp?productid=300
    >>

    > FYI, Toshiba is the ONLY major hard drive manufacturer that does not make
    > available free hard drive diagnostic software. In my experience, Toshiba
    > drives have a higher failure rate than other brands (WD, Seagate,
    > Hitachi). I don't give a damn what HP recommends. I cannot recommend
    > Toshiba hard drives. 2.5" laptop drives are commodity items among the
    > various manufacturers. Better to pick another brand... Ben Myers

    I'm almost convinced , Ben, I'll see which other brand than Toshiba
    would be the best for my HP laptop. Thanks for your advice.

    McGrath, Feb 14, 2010