Re: Replacenet of hard drives for HP Pavilion HDX9430EA Laptop

Discussion in 'HP' started by Ben Myers, Feb 14, 2010.

  1. Ben Myers

    Ben Myers Guest

    On 2/14/2010 12:34 PM, H Ebony wrote:

    > "H Ebony" <> wrote in message
    >> I would like to upgrade my present 2x160 GB in HP Pavilion HDX9430EA
    >> Laptop
    >> for something in range of 2x250GB or 2x320 GB.
    >> I wonder whether there is anyone who did an upgrade of HD
    >> on laptops. Are there any points which I should observe?
    >> TIA for sharing any experience on this matter.
    >>

    > So, it looks that I'm going to be the first one trying to do it...
    > HP recommends Toshiba internal hard drives.
    > I found the HDD on this site - just in case if someone
    > will search for it :
    > http://storage.toshiba.eu/cms/en/hdd/product_overview/product_detail.jsp?productid=300

    FYI, Toshiba is the ONLY major hard drive manufacturer that does not
    make available free hard drive diagnostic software. In my experience,
    Toshiba drives have a higher failure rate than other brands (WD,
    Seagate, Hitachi). I don't give a damn what HP recommends. I cannot
    recommend Toshiba hard drives. 2.5" laptop drives are commodity items
    among the various manufacturers. Better to pick another brand... Ben Myers

    1. Advertising

  2. McGrath

    McGrath Guest

    "Ben Myers" <> wrote in message
    > On 2/14/2010 12:34 PM, H Ebony wrote:
    >>
    >> "H Ebony" <> wrote in message
    >>> I would like to upgrade my present 2x160 GB in HP Pavilion HDX9430EA
    >>> Laptop
    >>> for something in range of 2x250GB or 2x320 GB.
    >>> I wonder whether there is anyone who did an upgrade of HD
    >>> on laptops. Are there any points which I should observe?
    >>> TIA for sharing any experience on this matter.
    >>>

    >> So, it looks that I'm going to be the first one trying to do it...
    >> HP recommends Toshiba internal hard drives.
    >> I found the HDD on this site - just in case if someone
    >> will search for it :
    >> http://storage.toshiba.eu/cms/en/hdd/product_overview/product_detail.jsp?productid=300
    >>

    > FYI, Toshiba is the ONLY major hard drive manufacturer that does not make
    > available free hard drive diagnostic software. In my experience, Toshiba
    > drives have a higher failure rate than other brands (WD, Seagate,
    > Hitachi). I don't give a damn what HP recommends. I cannot recommend
    > Toshiba hard drives. 2.5" laptop drives are commodity items among the
    > various manufacturers. Better to pick another brand... Ben Myers

    I'm almost convinced , Ben, I'll see which other brand than Toshiba
    would be the best for my HP laptop. Thanks for your advice.