Discussion in 'Tablet PC' started by PA Bear [MS MVP], Mar 9, 2008.

  1. [Crossposted to TabletPC newsgroup]

    Windows version? Is this behavior only seen in IE?
    --
    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
    DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

    PA Bear [MS MVP], Mar 9, 2008

  2. PA Bear [MS MVP]

    Kay Guest

    Windows NT
    The behavior is seen in Microsoft Office and in a proprietary government
    software program. Those are the only softare programs that I have on that
    particular computer, as well as IE. It started when IE7 was installed.

    I heard from someone who had the same problem that there is a patch for IE7
    that fixes the scrolling problem but he couldn't remember where he found it.
    His son-in-law is a Microsoft engineer and gave him the info.

    Kay, Mar 9, 2008

  3. Is the machine fully patched at Windows Update?
    ===================
    > It started when IE7 was installed.

    => Does this behavior persist if you start IE7 in No Add-ons mode? To start
    IE7 in No Add-ons mode:

    1. Right-click on the blue IE desktop icon and select Start without Add-ons;
    or

    2. Start > (All) Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Internet Explorer
    (No add-ons).

    => Does the problem persist if you Reset IE7 Advanced settings (RIES)?

    => Does the problem persist if you uninstall 'Windows Internet Explorer 7'
    via Add/Remove Programs?

    Uninstalling IE7 (which automatically returns you to IE6)
    http://www.ie-vista.com/kbase2.html
    [also see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927177]

    IE7 (Un)Installation and Anti-Malware Applications:
    http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2006/10/11/IE7-Installation-and-Anti_2D00_Malware-Applications.aspx

    PA Bear [MS MVP], Mar 9, 2008
  4. PA Bear [MS MVP]

    Kay Guest

    The machine is fully patched at Windows Update. This occurs
    intermittently--and at the most inconvenient times.

    Kay, Mar 9, 2008
  5. PA Bear [MS MVP]

    Chris H Guest

    Windows NT? Tablet PC Edition functionalities are only on Windows XP Pro
    with the Tablet PC Edition superset and certain editions of Vista.
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

    Chris H, Mar 10, 2008