Re: Should I go Dual Core or Quad Core? Intel C2 DUO E6850 vs. Quad-Core Q6600

Discussion in 'ATI' started by John Weiss, Jan 3, 2008.

  1. John Weiss

    John Weiss Guest

    "Matt" <> wrote...

    > Multithreaded applications may be scarce at the moment, but in say 2
    > years time won't every single application I use be ulitising every
    > available core my CPU has?

    Are you going to spend the $$ to upgrade all the software to the multithreaded
    versions?

    Will you still be using the same machine in 2 years? Will there be a Q6800 at 3
    or 3.4 GHz available?

    Since the price is the same, decide on what will be more useful to you NOW and
    in the near future.