Re: Single Board Computer Case With Hotswap Drives

Discussion in 'IBM' started by gbardissi@bardissi.net, Jul 3, 2008.

  1. Guest

    On Jul 3, 4:57 am, "Will" <> wrote:
    > "Will" <> wrote in message

    > > Can someone recommend a rackmount single-board-computer case that takes
    > > hotswap hard drives?    We are stuck usingAltigenfor a phone mail
    > > system, and it unfortunately uses PCI cards for its extensions and trunks.
    > > The case we currently have has terrible hard drive access, and I need to
    > > be able to quickly swap out hard drives when one fails.

    > > I am hesitant to try to use modern Dell or HP server systems since those
    > > have slots for PCI-X cards and I'm leery that antique PCI cards would work
    > > well in such a system.    (I welcome opinions about PCI compatibility in
    > > modern servers.)

    > Sorry, I meant to say that our phone system is using *ISA* cards, not PCI..
    > I almost couldn't think back that far....
    >
    > --
    > Will

    Will,

    You must be using a very old version of the AltiGen System. The new
    AltiGen chassis have raid 1 drives built into box already. Also, the
    ISA cards have since been upgraded to PCI cards.

    Which model of Altigen Server are you using?

    George
    , Jul 3, 2008

  2. Guest

    Will,

    I am memeber of an Altigen Dealer. I know the AltiGen web site may not
    be direct when looking for cetain things. If you are on version 3.5 or
    4 you are really missing out on a lot! AltiGen is about to release
    Version 6.0 in less than 30 Days.

    AltiGen has replaced the Quantum Series Board with the Triton Series
    Boards. The particular board you are talking about is an analog 8 x 4
    channel trunk board if I am not mistaken. The replacement board today
    would be a ALTI-TTAT-8. This is a 8 trunk PCI board for the AltiGen
    Systems.

    I have put some PDF's released by AltiGen on our website for you to
    download and view. Take a look at whats out and you can see AltiGen
    has made a lot of advanacement since the system you are on was
    released.

    Let me know if you have any questions.Lets see if we can come up with
    a plan to get you the latest and greatest without breaking the bank.
    Altigen does have a few promotions out that did expire that would let
    you trade in your old boards and phones and literally get the new toys
    at pennies on the dollar. We may be able to swing these things your
    way if we act sooner rather than later!

    Please let me know if we can help:

    Altigen Promotions Q3 2008 - http://bardissi.net/new/upload/files/2008_01_ATGN_FYQ3_Promos_VoIP_Upgrade[1].pdf

    AltiGen New VoIP Server Chassis - http://bardissi.net/new/upload/files/2008_02-01_VoIP_Servers[1].pdf

    AltiGen New Triton Boards - http://bardissi.net/new/upload/files/AltiGen Telephony Boards.pdf

    AltiGen 2008 Product Roadmap - http://bardissi.net/new/upload/files/AltiGen 2008 Product Roadmap.pdf

    George

    On Jul 3, 4:56 pm, "Will" <> wrote:
    > We have a generic industrial chassis with the Alti-CD0408UD-SPH001 cards for
    > trunks and extensions, probably version 3.5 or 4 software.
    >
    > TheAltigenweb site has no search feature.    What is the latest generation
    > of the Alti-CD0408UD-SPH001 card, and where can I get a link to that on
    > their web site?
    >
    > --
    > Will
    >
    > <> wrote in message

    > On Jul 3, 4:57 am, "Will" <> wrote:
    >

    > > "Will" <> wrote in message

    > > > Can someone recommend a rackmount single-board-computer case that takes
    > > > hotswap hard drives? We are stuck usingAltigenfor a phone mail
    > > > system, and it unfortunately uses PCI cards for its extensions and
    > > > trunks.
    > > > The case we currently have has terrible hard drive access, and I needto
    > > > be able to quickly swap out hard drives when one fails.

    > > > I am hesitant to try to use modern Dell or HP server systems since those
    > > > have slots for PCI-X cards and I'm leery that antique PCI cards would
    > > > work
    > > > well in such a system. (I welcome opinions about PCI compatibility in
    > > > modern servers.)

    > > Sorry, I meant to say that our phone system is using *ISA* cards, not PCI.
    > > I almost couldn't think back that far....

    > > --
    > > Will

    > Will,
    >
    > You must be using a very old version of theAltiGenSystem. The newAltiGenchassis have raid 1 drives built into box already. Also, the
    > ISA cards have since been upgraded to PCI cards.
    >
    > Which model ofAltigenServer are you using?
    >
    > George- Hide quoted text -

    Will,

    I am memeber of an Altigen Dealer. I know the AltiGen web site may not
    be direct when looking for cetain things. If you are on verzion
    , Jul 4, 2008

  3. Guest

    Will,

    Sorry i reposted these two because they weren't coming up.

    Altigen Promotions Q3 2008 - http://bardissi.net/new/upload/files/AltiGen 2008Q3Promos.pdf

    AltiGen New VoIP Server Chassis - http://bardissi.net/new/upload/files/AltiGenServers.pdf

    AltiGen New Triton Boards - http://bardissi.net/new/upload/files/AltiGen Telephony Boards.pdf

    AltiGen 2008 Product Roadmap - http://bardissi.net/new/upload/files/AltiGen2008Roadmap.pdf