Re: Skybuck's Dream PC design for 2006 (Version 7)

Discussion in 'Abit' started by Skybuck Flying, Jan 5, 2006.

  1. "Skybuck Flying" <> wrote in message news:...
    > > BFG 7800 GTX 512 - every store seems to be awaiting shipments of

    these...
    > :(
    > > choosing this card because it is the fastest of nVidia's cards available

    > at
    > > this time, running at core 580 and mem 1750 AND it has my preferred

    > cooling
    > > solution, which is one that blows the warm air out the back of the case.

    > > had to get aftermarket (nvSilencer) for my current 6800 GT OC to do

    that.
    > If
    > > I can find an XFX or EVGA one any sooner, I'll snatch one of them up and
    > > live with them not having my favored cooling method.

    > Hmm you raise an interesting question here...
    >
    > What is the exact air flow of these 7800 GTX 512 MB boards.
    >
    > I was under the impression that the big fans blow the heat outwards.
    >
    > However you're saying the heat is blown outside at the back.
    >
    > So that could mean the big fan actually sucks air into the card ?
    >
    > What is the exact air flow ?
    >
    > Do you have any links or so ?

    Here is a link which explains the air flow.

    http://www.beyond3d.com/previews/nvidia/78512/index.php?p=02

    The fan indeed sucks air in and some of it is blown outside the back ;)

    I was a bit worried that hot air might be blown out to the back of any
    possible second card.

    So maybe it's possible to run two cards next to each other without too much
    problems as long as enough air can be sucked in ? ;) <- I wonder :)

    Bye,
    Skybuck.
    Skybuck Flying, Jan 5, 2006