Re: Software Metrics (cat flame > /dev/null)

Discussion in 'Embedded' started by Dave Nadler, Jul 15, 2011.

  1. Dave Nadler

    Dave Nadler Guest

    On Wednesday, July 13, 2011 5:49:28 PM UTC-4, Don Y wrote:
    > Hi Dave,
    >
    > On 7/13/2011 6:29 AM, Dave Nadler wrote:
    > > The book "Making Software" does a great job
    > > (if a bit voluminous and hard to read) of

    > <frown> Meaning I can't just buy a couple of copies
    > and hand them to The Powers That Be :< Reading
    > something "for themselves" somehow seems to be more
    > credible than hearing someone else *distill* that
    > same information for them...

    Yes, but perhaps you can numb them into retreat.
    "Read this book and you'll understand why this
    won't work, and why it may make you look foolish..."

    Anyway, let us know what you think of the book !
    Best Regards, Dave

    Dave Nadler, Jul 15, 2011

  2. Dave Nadler wrote:

    > On Wednesday, July 13, 2011 5:49:28 PM UTC-4, Don Y wrote:
    >> Hi Dave,
    >>
    >> On 7/13/2011 6:29 AM, Dave Nadler wrote:
    >> > The book "Making Software" does a great job
    >> > (if a bit voluminous and hard to read) of

    >> <frown> Meaning I can't just buy a couple of copies
    >> and hand them to The Powers That Be :< Reading
    >> something "for themselves" somehow seems to be more
    >> credible than hearing someone else *distill* that
    >> same information for them...

    > Yes, but perhaps you can numb them into retreat.
    > "Read this book and you'll understand why this
    > won't work, and why it may make you look foolish..."
    >
    > Anyway, let us know what you think of the book !
    > Best Regards, Dave

    I think it might be better for them to read "Better Embedded Sysstems
    Software" by Phil Koopman. Highly recommended for every developers desk and
    all management conference tables (open at all chapters simultaneously by
    preference).

    Paul E. Bennett...............<email://>
    Forth based HIDECS Consultancy
    Mob: +44 (0)7811-639972
    Tel: +44 (0)1235-510979

    Paul E. Bennett, Jul 15, 2011