Re: Solaris 10 update 5 disables USB 2.0 for Belkin USB controller

Discussion in 'Sun Hardware' started by Dave, May 13, 2008.

  1. Dave

    Dave Guest

    Dave Wade wrote:
    > "John Doe" <> wrote in message
    >> Dave wrote:
    >>> According to
    >>>
    >>> http://www.sun.com/io_technologies/iocontrolers/IOControlers22.html
    >>>
    >>> the Belkin F5U508 USB/Firewire card is "verified" for Solaris 10 on both
    >>> SPARC and x86. So today I goes out and buys one, installs it, and it
    >>> seems to at least work. But looking in /var/adm/messages I see:
    >>>

    > Does this mean I can use one in a U60 to get USB?

    Yes, you should be able to. Not tested myself though. But I might be
    tempted to go with one of the other supported cards, which does not have
    this issue. Search on Blade 2000 USB and you will find someone posted a
    link on sum.com to supported USB cards which fit in a PCI slot.