    I Purchased pc 12/99

    Any ideas???

    Thanks
    blindsman, Mar 3, 2007

  2. blindsman

    Ben Myers Guest

    When you say "on bootup", do you mean that the initial screen displayed by the
    BIOS is messed up? If so, I would try another monitor, if you can beg or
    borrow one. If the mess persists with another monitor, the graphics subsystem
    (either on board or graphics card) has failed. If the graphics chip is an
    nVidia chip, these are well-known to fail due to excessive heat over the life of
    the chip. Some nVidia graphics cards have cooling fans which get clogged with
    dust and dirt, then stop turning.

    If the on-screen mess goes away with another monitor, then the EV910 has failed.
    No sense in repairing it. Replacements are inexpensive. If you somewhere
    near I-495 and Rte 2 in Massachusetts, I have modestly priced replacements in my
    warehouse... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Mar 3, 2007