Re: Stable Recent BIOS for P5E WS Pro

Discussion in 'Asus' started by BobT, Apr 9, 2010.

  1. BobT

    BobT Guest

    On Thu, 08 Apr 2010 14:41:21 -0400, wrote:

    >I'm going to do a Windows 7 x64 install soon and I want to upgrade the
    >BIOS on my motherboard, P5E WS Pro. Anyone have any experience with
    >this board and BIOS upgrade using one of the more recent ones? I'm
    >still using the same one that came installed when I bought the board,
    >and although it's very stable, it might be time to upgrade for the new
    >OS. Thanks

    I'm running the 1101 BIOS on that board, with Win7-64. All working
    fine.

    The only reason I moved up to the 1101 from whatever came with the
    board (I don't recall) was that the 1101 finally fixed the problem of
    inordinate startup delay when running ECC DRAM.

    BobT, Apr 9, 2010

  2. BobT

    BobT Guest

    On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 12:59:12 -0400, wrote:

    >On Fri, 09 Apr 2010 07:27:51 -0500, BobT <> wrote:

    >>The only reason I moved up to the 1101 from whatever came with the
    >>board (I don't recall) was that the 1101 finally fixed the problem of
    >>inordinate startup delay when running ECC DRAM.

    >Thanks, I'm going to give that a shot; did you use AFudos 236 for the
    >install?

    Again, memory fails. I did do the DOS install method, whichever
    version Asus had on their download site at the time.

    BobT, Apr 13, 2010