Re: T43 requires password when coming out of standby mode...

Discussion in 'IBM Thinkpad' started by Horst Franke, May 24, 2009.

  1. Horst Franke

    Horst Franke Guest

    In news: Dave wrote:

    Subj: T43 requires password when coming out of standby mode...
    > and I have no idea what the password is. Did NOT get bit,
    > fortunately, but would like to know how to change the password so I
    > can use this feature on the laptop I just purchased. Anyone have any
    > ideas? Am I just SOL if the seller can't help me (he hasn't
    > responded to my inquiry yet.)

    Sorry Dave, looks like a PW for the user signon you selected.
    Is there only one user selectable?

    If yes then try a startup in secure mode (see the Windows options
    presented).
    Then sign on as administrator and change the user definitions/passwords.

    And what about after a regular power OFF/ON sequence?
    You would need to sign on as administrator and change the user setups.
    Horst

    Horst Franke, May 24, 2009