Re: T43 requires password when coming out of standby mode...

Discussion in 'IBM Thinkpad' started by Anthony R. Gold, May 24, 2009.

  1. On Sat, 23 May 2009 04:33:01 -0500, "Dave" <> wrote:

    > "Dave" <> wrote in message
    > > and I have no idea what the password is. Did NOT get bit, fortunately,
    > > but would like to know how to change the password so I can use this
    > > feature on the laptop I just purchased. Anyone have any ideas? Am I just
    > > SOL if the seller can't help me (he hasn't responded to my inquiry yet.)
    > >
    > > Many thanks,
    > >
    > > Dave
    > >

    > Forgot to mention, its running XP Professional, Service Pack 2.

    Since you can start up with no password, I assume no password was yet set.
    Go to Settings, Control Panel, User Accounts and see whether you can set
    the password for your default user to use in the way you mentioned.

    Tony

    Anthony R. Gold, May 24, 2009