Re: T43 very slow loading Acrobat and any acrobat PDF files...sometimes up to a minute wait (Cache p

Discussion in 'IBM Thinkpad' started by Angelo Campanella, Mar 16, 2011.

  1. I'm perplexed as to why my Thinkpad T43, even after having loaded the
    executable
    Acrobat.exe(Acrobat 5) or Acroread32.exe(Acrobat 9) into RAM(?), either
    Acrobat is sooooo sloooowww in pulling up a PDF file, especially through
    the auto-recognition system of XP.

    The delay is long with either 1 gig or 2 gig of RAM active.

    I have both Acrobat 9 and Acrobat 5 available . A-9 is useful for
    reading newer PDF files. I still use A-5 as it has a "document" menu choice
    that allows crafting of new PDF file pages from various imagery and scans I
    have on board to make a nice finished PDF document.

    But the loading-to-read delay is my biggest gripe.

    Any Thoughts?

    Angelo Campanella.

    1. Advertising

  2. Angelo Campanella <> wrote:
    > I'm perplexed as to why my Thinkpad T43, even after having loaded the
    > executable
    > Acrobat.exe(Acrobat 5) or Acroread32.exe(Acrobat 9) into RAM(?), either
    > Acrobat is sooooo sloooowww in pulling up a PDF file, especially through
    > the auto-recognition system of XP.
    >
    > The delay is long with either 1 gig or 2 gig of RAM active.
    >
    > I have both Acrobat 9 and Acrobat 5 available . A-9 is useful for
    > reading newer PDF files. I still use A-5 as it has a "document" menu choice
    > that allows crafting of new PDF file pages from various imagery and scans I
    > have on board to make a nice finished PDF document.
    >
    > But the loading-to-read delay is my biggest gripe.
    >
    > Any Thoughts?
    >

    > Angelo Campanella.

    acrobat is a piece of shit is your problem.

    1. Advertising

  3. "Cydrome Leader" <> wrote in message
    > Angelo Campanella <> wrote:
    >> I'm perplexed as to why my Thinkpad T43, even after having loaded the
    >> executable
    >> Acrobat.exe(Acrobat 5) or Acroread32.exe(Acrobat 9) into RAM(?), either
    >> Acrobat is sooooo sloooowww in pulling up a PDF file, especially through
    >> the auto-recognition system of XP.
    >>
    >> The delay is long with either 1 gig or 2 gig of RAM active.
    >>
    >> I have both Acrobat 9 and Acrobat 5 available . A-9 is useful for
    >> reading newer PDF files. I still use A-5 as it has a "document" menu
    >> choice
    >> that allows crafting of new PDF file pages from various imagery and scans
    >> have on board to make a nice finished PDF document.
    >>
    >> But the loading-to-read delay is my biggest gripe.
    >>

    > acrobat is a piece of shit is your problem.

    Well, I routinely use a PDF reader and I also Routinely make up PDFs for
    sending reports to my clients, so I really need that or equivalent.

    What are my software alternatives?

    Should I re-install them? What?

    Ange

  4. Angelo Campanella <> wrote:

    > "Cydrome Leader" <> wrote in message
    >> Angelo Campanella <> wrote:
    >>> I'm perplexed as to why my Thinkpad T43, even after having loaded the
    >>> executable
    >>> Acrobat.exe(Acrobat 5) or Acroread32.exe(Acrobat 9) into RAM(?), either
    >>> Acrobat is sooooo sloooowww in pulling up a PDF file, especially through
    >>> the auto-recognition system of XP.
    >>>
    >>> The delay is long with either 1 gig or 2 gig of RAM active.
    >>>
    >>> I have both Acrobat 9 and Acrobat 5 available . A-9 is useful for
    >>> reading newer PDF files. I still use A-5 as it has a "document" menu
    >>> choice
    >>> that allows crafting of new PDF file pages from various imagery and scans
    >>> have on board to make a nice finished PDF document.
    >>>
    >>> But the loading-to-read delay is my biggest gripe.
    >>>

    >> acrobat is a piece of shit is your problem.

    > Well, I routinely use a PDF reader and I also Routinely make up PDFs for
    > sending reports to my clients, so I really need that or equivalent.
    >
    > What are my software alternatives?

    foxit reader is slightly less obnoxious to just open PDF files- it doesn't
    do the 100% CPU nonsense like acrobat reader.

    I have no really good suggestion for a PDF writer though. I've tried a
    bunch and they all suck more than the acrobat writer, which is also a
    really bad product to start with.

    > Should I re-install them? What?

    try it.

  5. josephkk

    josephkk Guest

    On Fri, 18 Mar 2011 16:06:54 +0000 (UTC), Cydrome Leader
    <> wrote:

    >Angelo Campanella <> wrote:
    >>
    >> "Cydrome Leader" <> wrote in message

    >>> acrobat is a piece of shit is your problem.

    >> Well, I routinely use a PDF reader and I also Routinely make up PDFs for
    >> sending reports to my clients, so I really need that or equivalent.
    >>
    >> What are my software alternatives?

    >foxit reader is slightly less obnoxious to just open PDF files- it doesn't
    >do the 100% CPU nonsense like acrobat reader.
    >
    >I have no really good suggestion for a PDF writer though. I've tried a
    >bunch and they all suck more than the acrobat writer, which is also a
    >really bad product to start with.
    >
    >> Should I re-install them? What?

    >try it.

    Whe you do uninstall follow up with revo uninstaller, it cleans up the
    residual mess left by typical uninstallers.

    ?-)