Re: tablet uses wacom pen but.... is it really like a wacom drawing tablet? need graphics light s

Discussion in 'Tablet PC' started by Hal Hostetler [MVP S/U], Dec 30, 2004.

  1. Yes, its just like a Wacom drawing tablet, variable pen pressure and all.
    As to the dream tablet, you'll find some excellent comparison lists here:

    http://thetabletpc.net/comparison-slates.htm or
    http://thetabletpc.net/comparison-convertibles.htm

    I own a Motion M1400 and, for me, its an excellent fit. The only thing I
    can think of I'd like to add to it would be the View Anywhere screen, though
    I've yet to find myself in an environment where the existing display isn't
    useable.

    Hal
    --
    Hal Hostetler, CPBE --

    Hal Hostetler [MVP S/U], Dec 30, 2004

  2. Hal Hostetler [MVP S/U]

    terri Guest

    I use the ViewAnywhere M1400 almost exclusively when I'm using one of my
    Tablets. The viewability is outstanding, even in bright sunlight. The best
    part, though, is that the screen isn't dark when using indoors. That can
    sometimes be a problem with multi-view screens.

    I have no scratches at all on the screen. The only negative that I've found
    is that it adds a few more ounces to the weight of the Tablet, but that's
    something I happily live with to have the use of the Tablet anywhere I go.
    --
    Terri Stratton
    Editor / Owner

    terri, Dec 30, 2004

  3. Hal Hostetler [MVP S/U]

    Chris H. Guest

    Ed, I don't have a 1400, but have seen them. It is truly awesome.
    Unfortunately, someone came along and asked for the Motion back, otherwise I
    had designs on it. :cool:

    As for the screens, there really isn't "dust" which gathers at all.
    Remember, the majority of Tablet PCs are digital - not touch - and so your
    hands are on the screen most of the time. The pens don't need a whole lot
    of pressure, since the recognition is digital. There's little chance of
    dust (or moss) gathering. :cool:
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

    Chris H., Dec 30, 2004
  4. On 12/30/2004 3:23:11 PM, "ed sharpe" wrote:
    >ok a few more questions! would like to hear the opinion of folk that have
    >used the higher end pda's with the handwriting recognition the real
    >handwriting not the graffiti). how does this compare to TIP on the motion
    >1400 or other comparable speed tablets? compare both speed and accuracy
    >thanks in advance
    > ed sharpe

    I have an Ipaq 5555. In all the various input modes I've ever used with the
    Ipaq, native or third party, none have satisfied me as much as the tablet
    input, either the first version or the newer version in SP2.

    I've been using various products that have handwriting recognition since they
    first started appearing... None have worked anywhere near as well as the
    tablet.

    --
    John

    JDThree [MVP], Jan 1, 2005