Re: ThinkPad and Mandriva 2008, microphone problem

Discussion in 'IBM Thinkpad' started by Peter Lemken, Apr 9, 2008.

  1. Peter Lemken

    Peter Lemken Guest

    tidy <> wrote:
    > Hi.
    >
    > I have installed Mandriva 2008 on my ThinkPad R61i. I connected an external
    > headphone with a microphone and used with gnome-sound-recorder with good
    > result.
    >
    > After an update of the system the microphone is no more working, the sound
    > is ok.

    I suggest subscribing to forum.mandriva.com where really helpful people hang
    around.

    Peter Lemken

    Nature abhors crude hacks.
    Peter Lemken, Apr 9, 2008

  2. Peter Lemken

    Peter Lemken Guest

    tidy <> wrote:
    > tidy wrote:
    >> If I get a solution for the problem I'll post here to share it with other
    >> ThinkPad owners.
    >> Bye :)
    >>

    > The microphone starts again to work after upgrade to Mandriva cooker.
    > Some other things are working now. For example special keys and internal
    > bluetooth. I'm not a system programmer, so thanks to them for the great job
    > they are doing.

    I am surprised about that, since Cooker is now the upcoming 2009 version and
    it is to be expected that in the course of this development there will be a
    lot of breakage. Unless you are a developer with deep knowledge you should
    not use Cooker at this early stage.

    2008.1 has just been released and I am rather confident that it will work
    for you. You can up/downgrade to this barely 1 week old brand new release
    yuite easily and I think you should do that.

    Peter Lemken

    Nature abhors crude hacks.
    Peter Lemken, Apr 16, 2008