Re: Tigerdirect sucks - warning

Discussion in 'IBM' started by Rick, May 14, 2006.

  1. Rick

    Rick Guest

    Mike S. wrote:

    > In article <>,
    > <> wrote:
    > >TigerDirect sucks - Since we have lost $2000.00 and will not get it
    > >back I will make sure I tell my tale to enough people to cost them 10
    > >times that amount.
    > >
    > >I ordered from tigerdirect because I wanted help to make sure
    > >everything was compatible and they had done a good job previously. I
    > >configured a $4500 dual xeon server with a sales rep, paid with a
    > >credit card and received it 2 days later.
    > >
    > >The cpus were not xeons but pentium 4's 3.6Ghz EE's - of course they
    > >would not work in the motherboard, not even socket compatible. Since
    > >they couldnt straighten it out I had to RMA everything related to the
    > >server. I kept the 8 hard drives and the video card.
    > >
    > >I packed everything up personally and the company had it picked up by
    > >UPS.
    > >
    > >When we received the credit it was $2000 light. A call to Tigerdirect
    > >reveals that they didn't receive the cpus back. But they did receive
    > >the motherboard, which is surprising because they were packed in the
    > >same box. Repeated attempts to get a resolution have resulted in reps
    > >taking a cotemptuous tone and simply not letting me get past them to
    > >someone who could resolve the issue in any other way other then "it
    > >sucks to be you".
    > >
    > >Im now spending an $80k budget on the same project and tigerdirect will
    > >not see a dime of it. They would have gotten all of it if they had
    > >worked to straighten out the issue. They sent us the wrong equipment
    > >and screwed us out of the money and the product. They are kniving
    > >thieves as far as Im concerned.
    > >
    > >If this post keeps anyone from purchasing with them then I consider it
    > >a public service and a job well done. For those of you considering
    > >becoming an affiliate - heres the bad news, you wont make any money,
    > >what you make they wont pay you, and your visitors will blame you for
    > >leading them to this den of thieves that wont pay their rebates or take
    > >responsibility for their mistakes.

    > TigerDirect has gotten SO much bad press, why didn't you check out
    > feedback before speding so much money on them?

    Shiny catalogs... All those shiny catalogs they send out... They put LSD
    in the printing ink and pretty soon "Hi! I'm Bobby!" wearing the head
    set on the front cover is talking to you and ordering you to pick up the
    phone...

    > http://www.bbbsoutheastflorida.org/nis/newsearch2.asp?ID=1&strBCode=06330000&Co
    > mID=0633000027000500&ComName=TigerDirect%2Ecom

    Hell, what was it? SIX years ago I ordered a processor, they sent me the
    wrong one, and I couldn't get ANYONE to pick up the phone on their
    "special returns line." Didn't even go to voice mail or muzak - it just
    rang. After trying six times, and waiting at least a half hour each
    time, I finally figured that particular 800 number was just a direct
    line to a phone booth in Siberia.

    At least Citibank backed me up when I returned the damned thing without
    an RMA - kind of hard to get one when no one answers the phone - and
    TigerDirect promptly refused to accept the return.

    But things have improved! At least John got to talk to someone before
    they flipped him off! `8-0

    Rick
    Rick, May 14, 2006

  2. Rick

    vineyarder

    Joined:
    Feb 13, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Tiger Sucks

    I am now going through a rebate issue with Tiger, Lots of talk, no action. I plan to send in a complaint to The Florida Attorney General, Better Businnes Bureau, and possibly the FCI Internet Fraud Division , Office of Inspector General. At this point its not about the money but the crappy treatment I have received from TigerDirect. Suggest everyone having a problem do the same because they will have to answer.
    vineyarder, Feb 13, 2010