Re: Toshiba 1415-S105 or HP ze4420us?

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by Barry Watzman, Sep 3, 2003.

  1. The 1415 is an excellent computer, although it's been discontinued for a
    number of months. However, it's still possible to find them (new)
    although availability is VERY "spotty". If you have a choice, try to
    get a 1415-S173 instead of the S105. They are similar (fundamentally
    they are the same machine), but the S105 has no floppy drive and a
    slower CPU (1.6 GHz Celeron), also, I think, a smaller hard drive.
    There's also an S200 or S205 model which is an upgrade from the 1415-S173.

    Can't comment on the HP, but the 1415 is really a very good laptop.

    You can get new 1415's on E-Bay, and even the S173 is well under your
    target price, but E-Bay itself can be a problem for people outside the
    US. Last December, it was possible to purchase 1415-S173's for as low
    as about $675 during Holiday sales that involved multiple rebates.

    Barry Watzman, Sep 3, 2003