Re: Trying to get rid of hum/buzz from old case

Discussion in 'Overclocking' started by ShadowTek, May 16, 2009.

  1. ShadowTek

    ShadowTek Guest

    Jim wrote:

    > OK first things first I'm not O/C clockingthe machine but wanted to post in
    > here as i know you folks know your stuff and I'm hoping some of you can help
    > me out.

    alt.comp.hardware would be more appropriate, and there's more traffic
    there too.

    The only noise problems that I have had from my machines is from old
    sleeve bearings on fans, which can be solved with a drop of oil under
    the sticker, and vibration between parts of the case that loosely lay
    against each other, which is usually resolved with a little jiggling
    here and there.

    One way that I've dealt with computer noise is to build an enclosure out
    of acoustic ceiling tile with carpet glued to it. I superglued RV sewage
    hose mounts to the back of my case and hooked up hoses to them to
    provide an air-flow path out of the enclosure.

    It works pretty well, but you have to make sure that those hoses are on
    good and that your getting good air-flow.
    ShadowTek, May 16, 2009