    32-bit Vista is limited to 3GB max, but I do not play much with Vista so I do
    not know for sure. Not sure how 32-bit Vista operates when confronted with
    4GB... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, May 17, 2008

  2. Ben Myers used his keyboard to write :
    > Does the motherboard BIOS show the added memory? What is the total amount
    > of memory you think you have in the system? How much memory was in the
    > system originally. Are you running 32-bit or 64-bit Vista? I have been
    > told that 32-bit Vista is limited to 3GB max, but I do not play much with
    > Vista so I do not know for sure. Not sure how 32-bit Vista operates when
    > confronted with 4GB... Ben Myers

    * * *
    Ben,

    All 32 bit operating systems are the same... 3 gigs is good 4 gigs is
    fir a 64-bit operating system...

    When running in 32bit mode you are going to only have ~3.2 GB available
    (in both Linux and Windows). This is a extremely common complaint and
    is caused by limitations in legacy x86 hardware. This is explained at
    the website below among many other places:

    JR the postman
    Postman Delivers, May 25, 2008

  3. Ben Myers

    Ben Myers Guest

    That's what I thought and what other comments elsewhere say. Thank you... Ben

    Ben Myers, May 25, 2008