Re: Warranty after replacement ?

Discussion in 'Compaq' started by Postman Delivers, Jun 22, 2008.

  1. - Bobb - wrote:

    > I was asked to setup email on a new pc for a friend and when I told him
    > that it didn't have Outlook on the new PC , that he should return it to
    > see if he could get Office installed from factory ( rather than spend $$$
    > to now go buy it at a store). He said he couldn't return it. I asked " why
    > not". He told me this story. Does this sound right to you ?

    > upgraded/extended warranty.
    > 2. gave to employee.
    > 3. After 2 weeks employee says " Pc won't boot".
    > 4. Mgr brings back to Best Buy. They try to repair it but after a few days
    > they couldn't ( I don't know why) ,so they swapped it for new one and then
    > told mgr that " since we swapped this for a new one, the warranty ( which
    > is serial number related) is now void."
    >
    > I said that there MUST be a way for them to transfer the warranty to the
    > replacement. He said that he asked and was told that there was not. I
    > told him to call HP etc... to at least get a refund of the extended
    > warranty.
    >
    > Anyone have experience with this ?

    * * *
    Bobb,

    Outlook is part of Microsoft's Office Suite. Not a free program, but most
    new computers with the Windows Operating Systems come with a 90 day trial
    version. Outlook is certainly a far better, and much more secure e-mail
    program than Outlook Express/Windows Mail.

    You do have many free options, your employ can use Open Office suite, and
    You can also also chose from a great number of e-mail client software...

    Alpine,
    Becky,
    PMMail 2000,
    Pegasus Mail,