Re: Which is faster

Discussion in 'Intel' started by Tom Lake, Mar 31, 2009.

  1. Tom Lake

    Tom Lake Guest

    "Jim" <> wrote in message
    > Trying find a decent buy for a friends laptop purchase, narrowed it down to a few
    > but still unsure on mobile cpu's so have made a shortlist given other things he
    > needs, hard drive etc and am left with the following cpu choices.
    >
    > Intel Core 2 Duo (T5470 - 1.6GHz, 800MHz FSB, 2MB)
    > Intel Core 2 Duo Santa-Rosa (T7300 - 2.0GHz, 800MHz FSB, 4MB)
    > Intel Core 2 Duo (T5800, 2.0Ghz 800 FSB 2MB L2 cache )
    > Intel Core 2 Duo Santa-Rosa (T5750 - 2.0 GHz, 667MHz FSB, 2MB)
    > Intel Core 2 Duo processor T6400, 2.00 GHz, 800 MHz, cache : 2 MB
    > Intel Core 2 Duo processor T5800, 2.1GHz, 800 MHz FSB, 2MB Cache
    > Intel Core 2 Duo processor T6400 2.13GHz, 2MB L2 Cache, 800Mhz FSB
    > Intel Pentium Dual-Core Processor T3400, 2.13GHz
    > Intel Pentium Dual-Core, 667Mhz, 1MB, T3400, 2.16Ghz
    > Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T5750 / 2 GHz
    > Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T5870 (2.0 GHz, 2 MB L2 Cache, 800 MHz FSB)

    Core 2 Duo is faster than Dual-Core so eliminate those two.

    Among the others, the fastest clock speed is the fastest CPU since all are
    Core 2 Duo with the same FSB and cache.

    The T7300 2.00 GHz Core 2 Duo will be the fastest since it has the most cache
    and is only slightly behind the 2.13 GHz T6400 in clock speed. I don't think
    you'll see any difference at all except in benchmarks with this group, though.
    Other factors such as speed and amount of RAM, hard drive speed and graphics
    chip will probably be the ultimate deciding factor.

    Tom Lake
    Tom Lake, Mar 31, 2009