Re: Which temp are right.

Discussion in 'Overclocking' started by Ed Medlin, Jan 5, 2009.

  1. Ed Medlin

    Ed Medlin Guest

    "Dumbo" <> wrote in message
    > Has anyone got a sure way of monitoring the CPU temperature accurately.
    > When idle in BIOS my CPU displays as 45C but `Core Temp` shows it as 50C
    > and real temp as 36C. SANDRA shows a third different temperature and a
    > fourth from Everest.
    >
    > How do I know which is right and are the temp sensors on the motherboard
    > that accurate anyway.
    >
    > Robin

    Everest, Sandra and Core Temp show the same on my i7 920 processor. At least
    within a couple of degC. Bios temp should be the higher one since the hlt
    command is not active outside the OS (this could change if you have a lot of
    processes running). Make sure you have the latest versions of your
    monitoring software.

    Ed

    Ed Medlin, Jan 5, 2009