Re: Windows Update just produced a BSOD (ati radeon HD 4300 Update) Vista 32 Bit

Discussion in 'ATI' started by KCB, Aug 31, 2010.

  1. KCB

    KCB Guest

    "Stephen H. Fischer" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Windows Update just produced a BSOD (ati radeon HD 4300 Update) Vista 32
    > Bit after the screen got distorted, so watch this WU.
    >
    > SHF

    NEVER update your video card drivers from Windows Update. Get them from the
    card manufacturer's web site, or directly from Nvidia or ATI/AMD, or whoever
    made the chipset, if not one of those two. ALWAYS uninstall the old drivers
    first.

    1. Advertising

  2. Re: Windows Update just produced a BSOD (ati radeon HD 4300 Update)Vista 32 Bit

    Am 02.09.2010 02:43, * Stephen H. Fischer:

    > I still cannot understand:
    >
    > But WHY does Windows Update offer a update that causes a BSOD?

    It offers a driver that happen to cause a BSOD on your specific system.
    This is not necessarily true for other systems out there.

    Benjamin

    1. Advertising

  3. Foke

    Foke Guest

    On Wed, 1 Sep 2010 18:43:18 -0700, "Stephen H. Fischer"
    <> wrote:

    >Going to W7 from Vista very soon [...]

    You're going from Windows 7 to Vista? Let me assure you, that won't fix
    anything.

  4. GMAN

    GMAN Guest

    In article <>, Foke <> wrote:
    >On Wed, 1 Sep 2010 18:43:18 -0700, "Stephen H. Fischer"
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>Going to W7 from Vista very soon [...]

    >You're going from Windows 7 to Vista? Let me assure you, that won't fix
    >anything.

    Read the OP message again.He is going "To" W7 "From" Vista

  5. Foke

    Foke Guest

    On Fri, 03 Sep 2010 14:39:53 GMT, (GMAN)
    wrote:

    >In article <>, Foke <> wrote:
    >>On Wed, 1 Sep 2010 18:43:18 -0700, "Stephen H. Fischer"
    >><> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Going to W7 from Vista very soon [...]

    >>You're going from Windows 7 to Vista? Let me assure you, that won't fix
    >>anything.

    >Read the OP message again.He is going "To" W7 "From" Vista

    Doh! Of course he did. My bad.