Re: X300 drive

Discussion in 'IBM Thinkpad' started by Todd H., Jun 26, 2008.

  1. Todd H.

    Todd H. Guest

    "Synapse Syndrome" <> writes:

    > "Synapse Syndrome" <> wrote in message
    >> What size is the SSD drive in the X300?
    >>
    >> Is it a normal 2.5" drive, or a 1.8" iPod size drive?
    >>
    >> I wonder if the X200 will have a normal 2.5" drive? I hope so.

    > Nobody knows?

    It appears to be a 1.8" 64GB solid state drive made by Samsung.

    http://www.engadget.com/2008/02/15/lenovos-x300-gets-splayed-in-detail/

    there's a pic of the HD here:
    http://forum.thinkpads.com/viewtopic.php?t=57395

    specifically
    http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i88/lmoore101/SSDDrive.jpg

    And on the exploded diagram of the R61 (yes I know that's a different
    model than the x300), it shows that same FRU as a 1.8" drive (using a
    2.5" converter (12, 13) in the R61):
    http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/MIGR-67911.html

    --
    Todd H.