1. This forum section is a read-only archive which contains old newsgroup posts. If you wish to post a query, please do so in one of our main forum sections (here). This way you will get a faster, better response from the members on Motherboard Point.

Re: XP and MS security essentials?

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by wigimon, May 17, 2011.

1. wigimon

wigimon Guest

Hi Mal,

I've seen or tried different configurations of MS Windows SE/Defender. Defender is hard to remove but seems to "play well with others"; in other wordsone can leave it installed and add another AV prog like Avast, my current fav, or AVG. What I see as a tech are PC's that have had no maintenance andeventually pick up a 'trojan horse', 'bot', etc. Once the malware has beeninstalled and working the only best method of removal is 'wiping' the drive using a "professional" program, like Killdisk, that wipes the first 63 sectors of the drive and all the way to the end. Then install new OS, etc. The moral of the story is keep whatever you choose to use updated and USE it.I know it's a PITA but that's life.

wigimon, May 17, 2011
    1. Advertising