Realtec AC97

Discussion in 'Soundcards' started by Humphrey_Bogart, Sep 17, 2005.

  1. Hi All,
    I have recently built a new pc but am faced with a problem that I just
    cannot figure out......
    my machine is as follows

    amd 64 3500+ processor
    asus a9n-e motherboard with built in realtec ac97 sound
    hitachi 80 gb hd
    xfx 6800gt pcie g.card
    pioneer dvd/cd rw

    theyre the basics, my problem lies within the ac97 sound I think.
    Whenever I changed the volume with the icon on the taskbar my pc speaker
    bleeps and I dont get the chimes like I used to ?
    Ive been into all the bios settings and cannot find anything with regards to
    the sound.
    I have even muted the pc speaker in the sound settings but that makes no
    difference.
    any help on this little but annoying problem would be most appreciated.
    thanx HB

    1. Advertising

  2. "Humphrey_Bogart" <> wrote in message
    > Hi All,
    > I have recently built a new pc but am faced with a problem that I just
    > cannot figure out......
    > my machine is as follows
    >
    > amd 64 3500+ processor
    > asus a9n-e motherboard with built in realtec ac97 sound
    > hitachi 80 gb hd
    > xfx 6800gt pcie g.card
    > pioneer dvd/cd rw
    >
    > theyre the basics, my problem lies within the ac97 sound I think.
    > Whenever I changed the volume with the icon on the taskbar my pc speaker
    > bleeps and I dont get the chimes like I used to ?
    > Ive been into all the bios settings and cannot find anything with regards
    > to the sound.
    > I have even muted the pc speaker in the sound settings but that makes no
    > difference.
    > any help on this little but annoying problem would be most appreciated.
    > thanx HB

    Another thing I forgot to add is whenever I go into a game the pc speaker
    bleeps not constantly just whenever it feels like it
    cheers