    I was wondering if anyone else taking advantage of the Newegg offer during
    the time frame in question has heard anything from SOYOUSA.

    Wayne

    wayneP, Nov 6, 2004

  2. wayneP

    stanmc Guest

    wayneP wrote:
    > I purchased a Sy-P4I865PE Plus v 1.0 mobo through Newgg at the end of August
    > and mailed the rebate documentation on Sept 7. I still don't appear in their
    > system.
    >
    > I was wondering if anyone else taking advantage of the Newegg offer during
    > the time frame in question has heard anything from SOYOUSA.
    >
    > Wayne

    I mailed mine on the 10th of September for a Soyo K7VME Barebones Kit. I
    still can't get verification when I go to www.verifyrebate.com. One
    thread in here indicates that a rebate application mailed in April or
    May was finally processed in mid to late October. That seems to be a
    little longer <g> than 8 weeks. There is a disclaimer/info block that
    says the following ---

    No record was found with the given information. Please make sure you
    enter the correct information that was used on the rebate form. If you
    registered your rebate online, please check your status with your last
    name and reference number. If you mailed in your rebate form less than 8
    weeks, please try again later. If you mailed in your rebate form more
    than 10 weeks, please contact us at for further
    assistance. Please allow 1-2 business to respond to your inquiry.

    ----
    The bad English in the quote above is not due to my editing. I'm going
    to e-mail them at . I'm still impressed with the
    product. Seems they had so many rebates that they can't keep up.

    stanmc, Nov 6, 2004

  3. wayneP

    wayneP Guest

    Thanx stanmc,

    I think I saw that thread but I don't have it anymore. It seems that this
    newsgroup automatically compacts and I lose threads more than a couple weeks
    old.

    I sent a note to today but they indicate that one should
    allow 2 business days for a reply. That being the case, I don't expect a
    reply before Tues or Wed.

    Wayne

    wayneP, Nov 6, 2004
  4. wayneP

    Bill Guest

    Below is their reply to E-Mails after 21 weeks :(

    We would like to apologize for the delay. Your rebate has not been
    processed. Please keep checking www.verifyrebate.com to check on your
    status. Thank you for your patience.

    Bill, Nov 7, 2004
  5. Well I emailed Soyo and finally got this on Nov. 1:

    "Our records indicate that you have been approved. Please allow 2-3 weeks
    for your check to be received. We apologize for any inconvenience."

    I have been waiting over 4 months so far, but still hopeful. ;-)

    Best Regards,
    Rebate Department
    SOYO Inc.

    dave AKA vwdoc1, Nov 7, 2004
  6. I received the same email on 9/16 and the check arrived 9/27. I
    originally applied on 3/29.

    Arnie Goetchius, Nov 7, 2004
  7. "Arnie Goetchius" <> wrote in message
    >I received the same email on 9/16 and the check arrived 9/27. I originally
    >applied on 3/29.
    >

    > dave AKA vwdoc1 wrote:
    >> Well I emailed Soyo and finally got this on Nov. 1:
    >>
    >> "Our records indicate that you have been approved. Please allow 2-3 weeks
    >> for your check to be received. We apologize for any inconvenience."
    >>
    >> I have been waiting over 4 months so far, but still hopeful. ;-)
    >>
    >> Best Regards,
    >> Rebate Department
    >> SOYO Inc.

    Well my fingers are crossed and so is my attitude with Soyo. lol
    I have never had to wait so long for a rebate check to get to me. Seems
    like almost a year. :-(

    dave AKA vwdoc1, Nov 7, 2004
  8. wayneP

    wayneP Guest

    I got my canned answer from SOYO a while ago. I miss read the fine print.
    Rebates aren't due until 12-14 weeks after the postmark date of the program,
    not from the date the paperwork is mailed. There were 2 rebates, one with a
    date of Oct 1 and the other with a date of Oct 26. Going from this info, it
    will be well into 2005, and may even approach the one year anniversary of
    the purchase, before I see my rebates.

    This is truly unacceptable; I have never had to wait like this for ANY
    rebate. However, there isn't much to be done about this circumstance. I
    happened to be looking for a P4 mobo and just stumbled on the Newegg deal
    and I wasn't depending on the rebates It is highly unlikely that I will ever
    buy, or recommend, any Soyo products in the future.

    Wayne

    wayneP, Nov 8, 2004
  9. wayneP

    stanmc Guest

    wayneP wrote:
    > I got my canned answer from SOYO a while ago. I miss read the fine print.
    > Rebates aren't due until 12-14 weeks after the postmark date of the program,
    > not from the date the paperwork is mailed. There were 2 rebates, one with a
    > date of Oct 1 and the other with a date of Oct 26. Going from this info, it
    > will be well into 2005, and may even approach the one year anniversary of
    > the purchase, before I see my rebates.
    >
    > This is truly unacceptable; I have never had to wait like this for ANY
    > rebate. However, there isn't much to be done about this circumstance. I
    > happened to be looking for a P4 mobo and just stumbled on the Newegg deal
    > and I wasn't depending on the rebates It is highly unlikely that I will ever
    > buy, or recommend, any Soyo products in the future.
    >
    > Wayne

    ---snip---

    I am glad to some degree that I didn't know this up front or I might not
    have bought the K7VME Barebones kit. -;) I'm very pleased with the product.

    How is your P4 Mobo working out?

    The Athlon board and case with keyboard and mouse are working just fine.
    The purchase price was $109.99 plus ship/handling and tax $132.71. $90
    rebate makes it $42.71.

    stanmc, Nov 8, 2004
  10. wayneP

    wayneP Guest

    stanmc,

    I haven't installed the board yet although I have everything I need except
    the cpu to build a P4 system during the Winter. I haven't made up my mind
    between a P4 Northwood, aP4 Prescott and a Celeron D, but if I wait much
    longer I may not find a reasonably priced Northwood core cpu. Since I don't
    do any gaming or graphics intensive computing, the Celeron Ds will probably
    be more than adequate. They are fairly inexpensive and are apparently very
    forgiving of overclocking.

    Wayne

    wayneP, Nov 9, 2004
  11. wayneP

    Matt Guest

    wayneP wrote:

    > there isn't much to be done about this circumstance.

    Use this form to submit a complaint to the Federal Trade Commission
    (FTC) Bureau of Consumer Protection about a particular company or
    organization.

    https://rn.ftc.gov/pls/dod/wsolcq$.startup?Z_ORG_CODE=PU01

    Matt, Nov 9, 2004
  12. "wayneP" <> wrote in message
    snip
    > It is highly unlikely that I will ever
    > buy, or recommend, any Soyo products in the future.

    I think that this is the general feeling among those that have not received
    their rebates yet and I am in that group too. lol

    But so far my Soyo computer seems to be doing fine!

    later,
    dave

    dave AKA vwdoc1, Nov 10, 2004
  13. wayneP

    JohnK Guest

    I agree with those who won't buy again. I bought 2 Soyo boards. There is $70
    out there and who knows if I will ever get it. Their cryptic e-mail on one
    board is little comfort.
    The P41 845PE seems to be running OK, but the 7VME seems to be suffering
    from a USB problem. I am hesitant to update the BIOS from 2AA2 to 2AA4
    mainly because I did not put a floppy in my latest build.

    JohnK, Nov 10, 2004
  14. >From: "wayneP"

    >I purchased a Sy-P4I865PE Plus v 1.0 mobo through Newgg at the end of August
    >and mailed the rebate documentation on Sept 7. I still don't appear in their
    >system.

    I haven't received my rebate either. It seems Soyo and its rebate center have
    a very bad history :(
    They are now advertising another Soyo board with a rebate. Even though I could
    use it, I don't feel like waiting 6 months to a year to get a rebate, if it
    would come at all.

    PawsForThought, Nov 11, 2004
  15. "Sayso Takewashi" <> wrote in message

    snip

    > Why pay 50% too much,then got the money back...
    > Dealing 4 month with an rebate,will you cost too much time.

    I think it can be similar to gambling, esp with Soyo rebates! lol
    Still waiting and hoping to win big from Soyo!
    If and when I do get my check(s) it will be like free money.
    At least we have something to show for our money spent and I am using mine
    now! :)

    A lot of quasi-happy and now "non-loyal" Soyo customers will probably not
    buy again from Soyo and I think that I am one of them.

    JMHO
    dave

    dave AKA vwdoc1, Nov 13, 2004
  16. wayneP

    nightsurfer Guest

    They are getting alot of rebates out everyday. Yours are coming,
    please excuse any delay that you are experiencing. Also, they have the
    Dragon 2 on the Soyo e-store site for $84.99 no rebate required!
    shop.soyousa.com

    nightsurfer, Nov 17, 2004
  17. wayneP

    John Guest

    On 16 Nov 2004 16:03:55 -0800, (nightsurfer) wrote
    "Re: Rebate":

    >They are getting alot of rebates out everyday. Yours are coming,
    >please excuse any delay that you are experiencing. Also, they have the
    >Dragon 2 on the Soyo e-store site for $84.99 no rebate required!

    Delay???? You call this a delay? I call 6 months and no rebate a
    SCAM! That is exactly what I stated in my complaint to the California
    Attorney General and the Federal Trade Commission.

    John, Nov 17, 2004
  18. wayneP

    stanmc Guest

    wayneP wrote:
    > I purchased a Sy-P4I865PE Plus v 1.0 mobo through Newgg at the end of August
    > and mailed the rebate documentation on Sept 7. I still don't appear in their
    > system.
    >
    > I was wondering if anyone else taking advantage of the Newegg offer during
    > the time frame in question has heard anything from SOYOUSA.
    >
    > Wayne

    Mailed my rebate for the K7VME barebones kit on 10 Sept 2004 and
    yesterday I got word that the first rebate (from onrebate.com) for $20
    was approved and would be received in a 7-14 days. Things are looking
    up. Maybe the rest of the rebates $50 and $20 will be received before
    the holiday bills come in. I got my equipment and "rebate" offer from
    Tiger-Direct.

    stanmc, Nov 17, 2004
  19. >From: (nightsurfer)

    > (PawsForThought) wrote in message
    >> >From: "wayneP"

    >> >I purchased a Sy-P4I865PE Plus v 1.0 mobo through Newgg at the end of

    >August
    >> >and mailed the rebate documentation on Sept 7. I still don't appear in

    >their
    >> >system.

    >> I haven't received my rebate either. It seems Soyo and its rebate center

    >have
    >> a very bad history :(
    >> They are now advertising another Soyo board with a rebate. Even though I

    >could
    >> use it, I don't feel like waiting 6 months to a year to get a rebate, if it
    >> would come at all.

    >They are getting alot of rebates out everyday. Yours are coming,
    >please excuse any delay that you are experiencing.

    Thanks, I really do appreciate your response and I'm looking forward to my
    rebate.

    PawsForThought, Nov 20, 2004
  20. wayneP

    spam dump Guest

    On 16 Nov 2004 16:03:55 -0800, (nightsurfer) wrote:

    >They are getting alot of rebates out everyday. Yours are coming,
    >please excuse any delay that you are experiencing. Also, they have the
    >Dragon 2 on the Soyo e-store site for $84.99 no rebate required!
    >shop.soyousa.com

    > (PawsForThought) wrote in message news:<>...
    >> >From: "wayneP"
    >> >I purchased a Sy-P4I865PE Plus v 1.0 mobo through Newgg at the end of August
    >> >and mailed the rebate documentation on Sept 7. I still don't appear in their
    >> >system.

    >> I haven't received my rebate either. It seems Soyo and its rebate center have
    >> a very bad history :(
    >> They are now advertising another Soyo board with a rebate. Even though I could
    >> use it, I don't feel like waiting 6 months to a year to get a rebate, if it
    >> would come at all.

    Still nothing and I can't registor on the site because the P4I865PE isn't even
    on the list.

    spam dump, Dec 12, 2004