Reboot at shutdown

Discussion in 'FIC' started by Ken Couser, Nov 12, 2003.

  1. Ken Couser

    Ken Couser Guest

    Hi, I am having a problem with my new FIC motherboard based system.
    When I try to shutdown Win2K it does a restart instead. Here are the
    specs on the system.
    FIC P4-865PE MAX
    Intel P4 2.6GHz (800 MHz FSB)
    256 MB RAM - PC2100 DDR
    GeForce2 MX440 Video - 64MB
    USRobotics v.94 Modem
    Win2K Pro

    When I select shutdown from the Start menu the system acts like it is
    shutting down, delays for a few seconds, then restarts itself. The
    only way short of unplugging the power supply to turn it off is to
    press and hold the power switch during the momentary delay.

    Does anybody have any ideas? TIA, Ken.

    1. Advertising

  2. On 12 Nov 2003 15:32:12 -0800, (Ken Couser) wrote:

    >Hi, I am having a problem with my new FIC motherboard based system.
    >When I try to shutdown Win2K it does a restart instead. Here are the
    >specs on the system.
    >FIC P4-865PE MAX
    >Intel P4 2.6GHz (800 MHz FSB)
    >256 MB RAM - PC2100 DDR
    >GeForce2 MX440 Video - 64MB
    >USRobotics v.94 Modem
    >Win2K Pro
    >
    >When I select shutdown from the Start menu the system acts like it is
    >shutting down, delays for a few seconds, then restarts itself. The
    >only way short of unplugging the power supply to turn it off is to
    >press and hold the power switch during the momentary delay.
    >
    >Does anybody have any ideas? TIA, Ken.

    http://aumha.org/win5/a/shtdwnxp.htm

    Good place to start.