    reccommendation?
    TIA
    Brian
    Brian, Mar 4, 2011

  2. I replaced my Dell M1530's battery with an "Agptek" brand from Amazon.com:
    http://tinyurl.com/4qwt9zu Sorry that this is the US availability. I think I
    paid about $36. I got the heavy duty one that props up the back of the
    laptop and that gives better air circulation.

    I'm quite happy with mine. It's about 1 1/2 years old and seems to still be
    holding its charge well.

    --
    Peter Greenstein
    http://www.wakefieldjazz.com/

    Peter Greenstein, Mar 4, 2011

  3. Brian

    Brian Guest

    "Peter Greenstein" <> wrote in message
    >I replaced my Dell M1530's battery with an "Agptek" brand from Amazon.com:
    >http://tinyurl.com/4qwt9zu Sorry that this is the US availability. I think
    >I paid about $36. I got the heavy duty one that props up the back of the
    >laptop and that gives better air circulation.
    >
    > I'm quite happy with mine. It's about 1 1/2 years old and seems to still
    > be holding its charge well.
    >
    > --
    > Peter Greenstein
    > http://www.wakefieldjazz.com/

    Thanks for your reply Peter
    I have looked at Amazon UK but cant see that Battery for the 1720

    I did think of getting one from Dell but they want over £100
    So I will keep looking
    Kind regards
    Brian

    Brian, Mar 5, 2011
  4. "Brian" <> wrote in message

    > Thanks for your reply Peter
    > I have looked at Amazon UK but cant see that Battery for the 1720
    >>

    > I did think of getting one from Dell but they want over £100
    > So I will keep looking
    > Kind regards
    > Brian

    Yes, it does appear that the "Agptek" brand is not marketed in Britain. Who
    knows where all these no-name products are made? Probably some of same
    factories that Dell contracts with.

    I think that you can take a chance on one of these:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb...keywords=battery for dell laptop 1720&x=0&y=0.

    What's the worse thing that could happen? For the price Dell wants you could
    buy three!

    peter
    Peter Greenstein, Mar 5, 2011
  5. Brian

    > "Brian" <> wrote in message
    >>

    >> Thanks for your reply Peter
    >> I have looked at Amazon UK but cant see that Battery for the 1720
    >>>

    >> I did think of getting one from Dell but they want over £100
    >> So I will keep looking
    >> Kind regards
    >> Brian

    > Yes, it does appear that the "Agptek" brand is not marketed in Britain.
    > Who knows where all these no-name products are made? Probably some of same
    > factories that Dell contracts with.
    >
    > I think that you can take a chance on one of these:
    > http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb...keywords=battery for dell laptop 1720&x=0&y=0.
    >
    > What's the worse thing that could happen? For the price Dell wants you
    > could buy three!
    >
    > peter Thanks again Peter.

    As I haven't had any other reccommendations
    I am going for the one from Trent the reviews are mainly positive.
    Regards
    Brian
    Brian, Mar 5, 2011
  6. Brian

    Michael Arm Guest

    On Sat, 5 Mar 2011 17:36:46 -0000, "Brian"
    <> wrote:

    >"Peter Greenstein" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Brian" <> wrote in message
    >>>

    >>> Thanks for your reply Peter
    >>> I have looked at Amazon UK but cant see that Battery for the 1720
    >>>>
    >>> I did think of getting one from Dell but they want over £100
    >>> So I will keep looking
    >>> Kind regards
    >>> Brian

    >> Yes, it does appear that the "Agptek" brand is not marketed in Britain.
    >> Who knows where all these no-name products are made? Probably some of same
    >> factories that Dell contracts with.
    >>
    >> I think that you can take a chance on one of these:
    >> http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb...keywords=battery for dell laptop 1720&x=0&y=0.
    >>
    >> What's the worse thing that could happen? For the price Dell wants you
    >> could buy three!
    >>
    >> peter Thanks again Peter.

    > As I haven't had any other reccommendations
    >I am going for the one from Trent the reviews are mainly positive.
    >Regards
    >Brian

    http://www.laptop-battery-shop.co.u....html?osCsid=dfdb59841d1582872635970b2f19e1a5

    Do know how good/bad they are, but another option.
    Michael Arm, Mar 7, 2011