Recomendations for a quality Mobo

Discussion in 'Asus' started by aamalama@yahoo.com, Nov 29, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Can anyone recommend a quality mobo and also what CPU to buy so that I
    can get best bang for buck. I want to use it video and photo editing,
    surfing web, home use etc..

    I hear that Asus or Abit boards are reliable.

    My budget is $500 and I'll need is a Mobo, CPU, at least 1gig ram and
    an SATA hard drive.

    I realize that this is probably low and would consider $800 if I need
    to.

    1. Advertising

  2. KC Computers

    KC Computers Guest

    > Can anyone recommend a quality mobo and also what CPU to buy so that I
    > can get best bang for buck. I want to use it video and photo editing,
    > surfing web, home use etc..
    > My budget is $500 and I'll need is a Mobo, CPU, at least 1gig ram and
    > an SATA hard drive. I realize that this is probably low and would consider
    > $800 if I need

    What do you have for a video card?

    Intel P4s have typically been slightly faster than AMD CPUs for video
    editing.
    However, today's Athlon 64s are typically as fast, run cooler and use less
    power. A good motherboard choice if you have a PCI Express video
    card is the A8N-E. The Athlon 64 3200+ or 3500+ are good choices.

    We are a dealer and can help answer any more questions.

    ---
    Kevin Chalker, Owner (KC COMPUTERS)
    E-mail: Web: www.kc-computers.com
    Internet dealer since 1991!!! See WWW.RESELLERRATINGS.COM!!!

    1. Advertising

  3. S.B.

    S.B. Guest

    KC Computers wrote:

    > A good motherboard choice if you have a PCI Express video
    > card is the A8N-E. The Athlon 64 3200+ or 3500+ are good choices.

    What do you say to the Athlon 64 3700+, 3800+ and 4000+
    with this board?

  4. KC Computers

    KC Computers Guest

    > KC Computers wrote:
    >> A good motherboard choice if you have a PCI Express video
    >> card is the A8N-E. The Athlon 64 3200+ or 3500+ are good choices.

    > What do you say to the Athlon 64 3700+, 3800+ and 4000+
    > with this board?

    Those are good choices as well but you said you were on a budget.

    ---
    Kevin Chalker, Owner (KC COMPUTERS)
    E-mail: Web: www.kc-computers.com
    Internet dealer since 1991!!! See WWW.RESELLERRATINGS.COM!!!

  5. CFran

    CFran Guest

    wrote:
    > Can anyone recommend a quality mobo and also what CPU to buy so that I
    > can get best bang for buck. I want to use it video and photo editing,
    > surfing web, home use etc..
    >
    > I hear that Asus or Abit boards are reliable.
    >
    > My budget is $500 and I'll need is a Mobo, CPU, at least 1gig ram and
    > an SATA hard drive.
    >
    > I realize that this is probably low and would consider $800 if I need
    > to.

    I own an ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe and a A8N-E and they are cool, but if you
    plan on overclocking, be sure to take one with a high CPU core voltage,
    cuz with my A8N-E i cant go any further than 1.55 V and thats what
    limits me in my overclocking (as normally it should be CPU temperature
    that limitates you but there I only can reach 43°C because of that)

  6. S.B.

    S.B. Guest

    KC Computers wrote:

    > S.B. wrote:
    >> KC Computers wrote:

    >>> A good motherboard choice if you have a PCI Express video
    >>> card is the A8N-E. The Athlon 64 3200+ or 3500+ are good choices.

    >> What do you say to the Athlon 64 3700+, 3800+ and 4000+
    >> with this board?

    > Those are good choices as well but you said you were on a budget.

    That was someone else. I was wondering if you found the
    performance increase of those Athlons doesn't justify the
    greater cost.

  7. KC Computers

    KC Computers Guest

    >>> What do you say to the Athlon 64 3700+, 3800+ and 4000+
    >>> with this board?

    >> Those are good choices as well but you said you were on a budget.

    > That was someone else. I was wondering if you found the
    > performance increase of those Athlons doesn't justify the
    > greater cost.

    The Athlon 64 3800+ is up to ~10% faster than the 3500+ but it
    costs ~40% more which doesn't make it one of the better
    values. The same thing applies to the 3700+ and 4000+.
    They aren't as good values as the 3200+ and 3500+.

    ---
    Kevin Chalker, Owner (KC COMPUTERS)
    E-mail: Web: www.kc-computers.com
    Internet dealer since 1991!!! See WWW.RESELLERRATINGS.COM!!!

  8. Guest

    KC Computers wrote:
    > >> Those are good choices as well but you said you were on a budget.

    > > That was someone else. I was wondering if you found the
    > > performance increase of those Athlons doesn't justify the
    > > greater cost.

    > The Athlon 64 3800+ is up to ~10% faster than the 3500+ but it
    > costs ~40% more which doesn't make it one of the better
    > values. The same thing applies to the 3700+ and 4000+.
    > They aren't as good values as the 3200+ and 3500+.

    Don't buy these shite motherboards (A8N-E) for X2s. I made the mistake
    of
    buying one and the XP64 won't come out of hibernation on the stupid
    thing. Asus
    tech support is of no use either.