    really veryy worried, any help is much appreciated. Thank you so much

    --
    nousheen
    undisclosed, Jul 17, 2010

  2. undisclosed

    Bob Villa Guest

    On Jul 17, 2:07 am, undisclosed wrote:
    > Hi, can someone please help me with a huge issue for my notebook. There
    > was some sort of a problem with my HP laptop where I was unable to
    > access the internet but the internet icon was showing full conectivity.
    > In order to fix that little problem, we tried everything from system
    > restore many times to the last option: system recovery and hence got
    > into a biggg problem on October 30, 2009. Unfortunately we proceeded
    > with that last option without proper backup and now the laptop was as if
    > "brand new" since it repeated the first steps that were initiated when I
    > bought it. Since then, almost 9 months, I have not used it in hope of
    > recovering my files and pics but dont know how. Please let me know if I
    > have any hope of recovering my lost items and if so, then how. I am
    > really veryy worried, any help is much appreciated. Thank you so much!
    >
    > --
    > nousheen

    If you did a quick format it leaves everything...and Windows
    interprets it as empty. Some areas are over-written though. You
    would still need to pay to recover your files no matter how it was
    reinstalled although some re installs retain data on a separate
    partition (the OS being on a different one).
    You definitely need professional help.
    Bob Villa, Jul 17, 2010

  3. undisclosed

    Pen Guest

    On 7/17/2010 1:07 AM, undisclosed wrote:
    > Hi, can someone please help me with a huge issue for my notebook. There
    > was some sort of a problem with my HP laptop where I was unable to
    > access the internet but the internet icon was showing full conectivity.
    > In order to fix that little problem, we tried everything from system
    > restore many times to the last option: system recovery and hence got
    > into a biggg problem on October 30, 2009. Unfortunately we proceeded
    > with that last option without proper backup and now the laptop was as if
    > "brand new" since it repeated the first steps that were initiated when I
    > bought it. Since then, almost 9 months, I have not used it in hope of
    > recovering my files and pics but dont know how. Please let me know if I
    > have any hope of recovering my lost items and if so, then how. I am
    > really veryy worried, any help is much appreciated. Thank you so much!

    You may be able to recover a few of your old files that may
    not have been overwritten by the restore process. Here are a
    few web sites that have some information.

    http://www.pctools.com/file-recover/?ref=google_fr&gclid=CMXPw5-d86ICFQ4Tswod1mz8mA

    http://www.snapfiles.com/freeware/system/fwdatarecovery.HTML

    http://www.aumha.org/a/recover.php
    Pen, Jul 17, 2010
  4. Pen () wrote:

    > On 7/17/2010 1:07 AM, undisclosed wrote:
    > > There was some sort of a problem with my HP laptop where I was unable
    > > to access the internet but the internet icon was showing full
    > > conectivity.
    > >
    > > In order to fix that little problem, we tried everything from system
    > > restore many times to the last option: system recovery Unfortunately
    > > we proceeded with that last option without proper backup and now the
    > > laptop was as if "brand new"
    > >
    > > Since then, almost 9 months, I have not used it in hope of
    > > recovering my files and pics

    *** A wise procedure.

    > > Please let me know if I have any hope of recovering my lost items
    > > and if so, then how.

    > You may be able to recover a few of your old files that may
    > not have been overwritten by the restore process. Here are a
    > few web sites that have some information.

    > http://www.pctools.com/file-recover/?ref=google_fr&gclid=CMXPw5-d86ICFQ4Tswod1mz8mA

    > http://www.snapfiles.com/freeware/system/fwdatarecovery.HTML

    > http://www.aumha.org/a/recover.php

    If you get a recovery tool, you will need to burn it to a CD/DVD, or
    place it on to a flashdrive (or floppy, if your system has a floppy
    drive). Don't install it on the laptop because that may overwrite some
    of what you want to recover.

    Otherwise, I agree with pheeh.zero that you may have to take it to a
    professional.

    --
    Richard Bonner
    http://www.chebucto.ca/~ak621/DOS/
    Richard Bonner, Jul 18, 2010
  5. undisclosed

    Bob Villa Guest

    On Jul 17, 2:07 am, undisclosed wrote:
    > Hi, can someone please help me with a huge issue for my notebook. There
    > was some sort of a problem with my HP laptop where I was unable to
    > access the internet but the internet icon was showing full conectivity.
    > In order to fix that little problem, we tried everything from system
    > restore many times to the last option: system recovery and hence got
    > into a biggg problem on October 30, 2009. Unfortunately we proceeded
    > with that last option without proper backup and now the laptop was as if
    > "brand new" since it repeated the first steps that were initiated when I
    > bought it. Since then, almost 9 months, I have not used it in hope of
    > recovering my files and pics but dont know how. Please let me know if I
    > have any hope of recovering my lost items and if so, then how. I am
    > really veryy worried, any help is much appreciated. Thank you so much!
    >
    > --
    > nousheen

    This is after the fact...but if you don't do back-up and your OS goes
    South with valuable files you need to remove and replace the HDD.
    Install the OS on the new drive and put the old drive in a USB
    enclosure. And, more than likely, you will be able to access and
    transfer your files.
    (You could also add the old drive as a slave and transfer the files
    you need)
    Bob Villa, Jul 18, 2010