    Else is there an other solution to recover the original bios ?

    Thanks.

    , Aug 15, 2007

  2. Paul Guest

    wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have msi motherboard card MSI (MS-7301).
    > Recently, i have upgrade the firmware but i use a bad bios...
    > So now, the computer doesn't want to start and stay locked on a black
    > screen with a twinkling cursor...
    >
    > So i see on the motherboard manual that it should be possible to
    > recover the bios using the safe mode Jumper...
    > I have to remove the jumper in order to recover the bios...
    >
    > So does someone has tryed it yet ?
    >
    > Else is there an other solution to recover the original bios ?
    >
    > Thanks.

    http://support.packardbell.com/uk/item/index.php?i=ml065a&ppn=PB35305101

    "Recovery
    The BIOS attempts to recover the BIOS Configuration.
    A recovery diskette is required."

    "BIOS recovery jumper (JREC1)

    If your BIOS was corrupted in any way, you can reload its values using
    a BIOS recovery diskette. This diskette is not delivered with your
    computer but may be supplied in certain cases by a support technician.
    In this event the support technician will also provide instructions on
    how to carry out the procedure."

    Hmmm. Looks like you need to get the BIOS file onto a floppy first.
    Maybe tech support can help out. The thing is, the BIOS file may
    need to be renamed with a particular name. Or be put on the
    floppy, along with MSDOS boot files. With the lack of info on the
    above pages, it is hard to guess what is the next step.

    Paul

    Paul, Aug 16, 2007