    discs. The originals from Acer. No go.

    What is the secret to getting them to install? Do I need to have the
    contents of the recovery partition in place first?

    Jim, Sep 14, 2008

  2. Jim

    Wandering Guest

    You put your finger on it. The CD simply is a way to access the actual data
    stored on the recovery partition. If it is not there, nothing will happen.

    You can use disk cloning software like Acronis to copy the original hard
    drive to the new one. Then you can adjust partitions and such from the new
    drive once it can boot.

    Good luck.

    Wandering, Sep 14, 2008

  3. Jim